DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, a few quick questions. I've been scouring the online manual for information about different features (winch, sway bar disconnect). So far I have found all the information I need. I can't find any info about a few things though.
1. The axel lock above the sway bar disconnect, what is the correct procedure for using it? I don't want to screw anything up.

2. The Light Load tire button/light in the switches with tow/haul. What does that do? Will something happen if I hit it?

Like I said, this was the only thing I couldn't find info on and any help would be good!

·
Registered
81 Posts
To lock your axels you must be in 4low. Once in 4low press the rear axel lock button. The light will turn orange and flash on & off. At first the lockers are a little finicky so you might have to do the "s" turn to get them to lock up. When the light is steady orange the axel is locked. Then you can press the front/ rear button & the orange light will start flashing. When it is steady orange the front & rear are locked. You might have to do the "s" turns to get them to lock up too. Remember to be easy on the gas when trying to get them to lock up!!! You also might have to come to a complete stop and reverse to get them to lock up. The more you use them it seems they lock up faster. Your sway bar disconnect can be done in 4hi or 4low. Use the light load tire button when you are running low tire pressures. It works in conjunction with the tpms. The tow haul button is for when you are towing or hauling heavy loads. It changes your shift patterns holding the gears a little longer than in the regular mode. Hope this helps you:)

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
In your owners manual, start on page 428 for a complete guide on the axle lock and sway bar control. If you don't have the manual, you can download it for free from - http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts