DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big brown truck brought me this today..Spectre intake kit part # 9932, and the 2.5 dual to 3 inch Magnaflow Y pipe, can't remember the part # but if you wanna know just ask :)

I will post pics when it's installed hopefully here in a few I get a chance to go out there and put it on, the Y pipe will be installed this weekend....More goodies will be arriving all this week I will keep this thread updated with pics and maybe my own little review
----------------------
UPDATED 9-Feb-11

This is the head unit that will be installed, hopefully tonight after we install an HKS exhaust on my buddies RX8 :)..I will post pics after it's done and will also do a little tutorial on how to wire a relay to bypass the parking brake

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

More stuff on the way, I will keep the thread updated :)

Reactions: Juice420

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well install went good, just time consuming. didn't get to take pics but I'm sure you guys have seen one installed before lol. Haven't taken it for a spin yet but I let it idle for a few minutes and no check engine light so that's good

@Timmy916 That's kinda how I wanna do mine except not to far towards the manifolds, just enough to get the old one off and get the Magnaflow in. Will my exhaust get louder? I would think so and don't mind it I'm just wondering

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,061 Posts
Nice mods man, congrats, definitely keep us posted as the modding continues!

- Cajun

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Sweet stuff man, I want the Y-pipe too. REPS!!

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
nice mods bud cant wait to see the other goodies that the big brown truck is bringing

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx everyone and a little update..Big brown truck comes by again today lol, I'll post more pics tonight

·
Registered
269 Posts
how do you like your sprectre intake? I was looking into them and they have a great price and dont look bad at all!

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,226 Posts
Lookin good man, can't wait to see what else ya got.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry guys I kinda forgot I had this thread [email protected] I love it man, The fitment is a 9/10, and It's not your typical Honda intake kit that takes 30 minutes to do ha ha..By myself it took me a good hour and a half but when it's done it looks amazing and I dunno if it's my butt dyno but it does feel a bit quicker off the line and in the highway it pulls pretty good. At WOT it screams, it compliments my FlowMaster Super 44 very well :)....I will be uploading pics of the rest of the stuff I got here shortly

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did the video bypass for the head unit, so if you need part #'s needed for this or my personal reviews on any of these items just let me know :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice mods man!

Sorry for the thread jack but you seem like a audio guy and I got a question. I want to change out the stock sub for a better sub. I know it best to get a sub and amp but dont really want to run the wires. If I were to replace the factory sub with any aftermarket sub what else needs to be done. Do I run a line out convertor to make the new sub work or since I have a stock sub do I just replace it? I dont want to be bummpin down the street I just want a little more boom not BOOM!
any info is greatly appreciated man. Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice mods man!

Sorry for the thread jack but you seem like a audio guy and I got a question. I want to change out the stock sub for a better sub. I know it best to get a sub and amp but dont really want to run the wires. If I were to replace the factory sub with any aftermarket sub what else needs to be done. Do I run a line out convertor to make the new sub work or since I have a stock sub do I just replace it? I dont want to be bummpin down the street I just want a little more boom not BOOM!
any info is greatly appreciated man. Thanks
Not thread jacking it's alright...Well I do not have the 6 speaker audio system so I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I'm about 80% sure you will not need a line out converter because the stock amp will more than likely be just regular wire to wire hook up, you might get a better response at the audio section though.

If you are looking at a single 12" that will sit under the back seat than I recommend an MTX Jackhammer, those things are very affordable online and when I was comparing subs it was seriously the best sounding 12" at Frys electronics and it's only half or less than others :smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts