DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A random poll:

I'm just curious what you all do to keep your rims looking clean?

Special brake dust repellent spray?
Dust covers? Lame or worth it?
Wipe 'em down regularly?
Clean 'em when you wash your truck?
Or anything else that I haven't mentioned...

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
I have a soft long handled brush I use, has rubber on the edges to keep from scratching the wheels, the bristles get right in there. I also have a brush that goes around the lug nuts and cleans that area out. But that's when I am REALLY feeling ambitious.

·
Banned
56,675 Posts
I use porcelain brake pads, that helps cut down on the dust. Living on a dirt road though gives me great camouflage though! ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
eagle1 tire/wheel cleaner works the best imo.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i used armor all for the longest time but i wash cars for a living right now so i got all kinds of different acids i use that make the wheels SHINE but the armor all stuff works well also and like nim81 said eagle1 works really good too.

E

·
0 Posts
I changed out pads to a less dusty pad on my Chrysler and I use Eagle 1 to clean and protect the wheels. On my truck I'm not having a pad dust problem.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,674 Posts
I do get a good bit of brake dust, but I just wipe the wheels down regularly. Good idea, chithead, I need a brush for around the lug nuts also. However, what I really need is a brush to keep the bugs off the radiator, lol!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Since putting on the new NADA performance rotors and NADA heavy duty pads, I ahve no dust, at all. Nice bonus from NADA.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I recently found a "California Wheel Duster" that I (and sometimes She) use to keep the dust down. It's not so bad on my truck (as I've got the stock rims with the plastic chrome like cover that has a bit of a lip), but the dust is down right nasty on her Charger (those damn Brembos will put out some dust).

Try to keep 'em cleaned up, she's typically more successful than I.

Exco

·
Registered
198 Posts
EBC Greenstuff pads in 6000 and 7000 series (not the 2000 series) are supposed to have a huge reduction in brake dust production. I'm putting them on front and rear tomorrow. We'll see. Until now my wheels get a quick wash mitt and bucket cleaning with an air hose drying 2-3 times a week... A real P.I.T.A.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts