DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After reading everything I can find on here, what is a better ride quality for a 2018 1500 CC 5.7 Bilstein adjustable at 2.1 or 2.8?
I want as much lift as possible without a jarring ride. Have the Bilstein 5100 adjustable in front and 5100's for the rear with a 1 inch spacer for the rear goin in this week. I like a bit of a rake hence the rear spacer.
Will I sacrifice ride quality at 2.8?

Also, I've read this there is no issue for the UCA at 2.8. Did FCA fix the UCA issue after 2013 with the UCA's ? The Guide to Lifts and Levels is awesome, but does it still apply for a 2018?
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
UCA's, after 2013 are still junk.

darn near no one has any issue, on stock UCA's, set to 2.8.
that does not mean no one has had issue though and, bottom line, what kind of luck do you have?

Mevotechs are cheap. just give them a few coats of paint.

Zone is awesome, but not cheap and require 2 inch lift , minimum.

I got 2.1 on my blls an love the ride.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
2.8 Looks front high to me, I'd go 2.1.

I wouldn't be super concerned about the ball joints, with how many people here are leveled we hardly ever see balljoint failure threads

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the feedback!
I have about 2.5 inches of rake now so I am leaning towards setting the Bilsteins at 2.1-I'll get my jack out today to get a visual on the front at 2" vs 2.75 (to round off the numbers).
My problem is my go big or go home attitude..... :doh:

Any other opinions on the 2.8 ride quality?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Bilstein's set at 2.1 don't always raise the truck 2", mine at 2.1 raised my front 2.5".

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,652 Posts
I'm going to throw a curve-ball and have you look into a reverse level or rear spring drop.

Unless you are running taller than a 33" tire or wide 12" wheel, no sense adding more stress and decreasing the longevity on the heavier front end suspension components if not absolutely necessary IMO. They don't design the complex front end to work at 2-3" higher and it's a lot easier and cheaper overall to swap rear springs. If you tow or have heavy loads in the bed there are helpers to minimize squat.

I see you already purchased, best of luck in your endeavors and increased wheel gap(ick).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"I'm going to throw a curve-ball and have you look into a reverse level or rear spring drop."

I did consider this, but decided on the Bilsteins after reading a ton. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts