DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the sonnax, a week ago, 1-2 shift very slight improvement, 2-3 and 3-4 noticeably better, however not 50 dollars better imo
installed diablo sport today, I started with just the 87 tune, to be honest I can tell no perf. improvement, but I did disable the MDS !!!!!
I personally thought it was annoying and have seen no change in gas mileage..
I plan on doing more mods in a few months, will change to 91 tune, I imagine there will be a noticeable difference then!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would like to hear how that tuner works on the higher octane. Did you try the mpg tune?

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
I don't think a tuner will give you a big difference in MPG I am sure there are some gains on some of the tunes but it is a performance tuner. From all that I have read some people do see gains but lots of others say with the performance increase their happy right foot uses up any mpg gains they would have seen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt I'll try the mpg tune, and after driving alittle more there is some difference between stock an 87 tune
My next plans are 180 degree thermostat and headers, then the 91 tune :smileup:

I gotta watch my spending on the truck, my poor Duster is saying "HEY what about me " with a film of pollen on it with the trans out of it...

and yep,,that right foot is the biggest dictator of mpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts