DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of slowing changing my basic Big Horn to something more to my liking, I am finally done.
Within the last couple months I had the badges changed out, the grill painted, and then a couple days ago had the headlight bezels changed to the ones used on the Big Horn and Express black packages.

I know I should have bought the Sport, but at the time I needed the front jump seat and it wasn't available in the Sport. Eight months after I bought the truck, the 6th seat was no longer needed.

These are the changes I made: bought the Sport model wheels, fender flares from a '13 Ram, replaced the grill shell with the painted version, removed the chrome side moldings, put the black inserts on the Sport wheels, vinyl wrapped the bumpers and sidesteps, black wheel centers and lug nuts, plus the recent changes above.
Enough spending $$ on the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
It looks good. You say that you're done, but it may be more like a break until you decide on the next mod.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice job modding. What brand of black lug nuts?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
That looks good. Did you replace the parking sensors?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks great man....but that's what they all say.

Mods are like addictions.....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really think I am done with the mods for now. I've spent between 1500 and 2000 on the changes including the wheels. I sold the original wheels, the grill shell and inserts, and the headlamp assemblies, so I got back around 850 from the sales.
I would like to have the Sport performance hood but that is a $1000 item with painting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow!!! That is just plain Gor-geee-oussssssss!!!!!!!!! I have a 2016 sport and in ordering the inserts for the wheels today!!!! Love the look. Not normally a complete blacked out fan but you made me a believer!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow!!! That is just plain Gor-geee-oussssssss!!!!!!!!! I have a 2016 sport and in ordering the inserts for the wheels today!!!! Love the look. Not normally a complete blacked out fan but you made me a believer!!

Thanks!

I'm not a fan of the all black wheel look. That's why I went with the inserts, black center cap , and lug nuts. One of the few things I like about the '19's are the wheels on the Laramie Black. They are mainly black but have a machined edge. Takes away that steel wheel look.
I thought about doing to my wheels like in the pic, but it would have been very costly and way more than I spent for the Sport Wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw that look on a youtube video where a guy uses plastidip to do it... It looks good too and would likely look just as good on the trucks but a little more cost and effort. I just like the idea of being able to play around with the look of the truck and change it every now and again, on the cheap and easy! lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
That looks great man! Nice job on the mods. I just got my "new to me" Big Horn and all I can do is think of things to change...lol. I want the sport hood as well, had a functional scoop on my Charger and it was fantastic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts