DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got them out yesterday guys, a buddy and I went wheelin' out in the game lands and went down some of the logging roads. It rained two nights ago so it was nice and sloppy and some of the holes were pretty deep (sank to the top of my license plate at a couple points); one managed to pull off my air dam. I noticed a dragging sound and got out and it was caught on a frame member. NBD, just needed some plastic fasteners to put it back on. I kind of liked the look with it off actually. I was able to reuse all but one of the fasteners today when I remounted it because it was missing, the others were still in their holes in the bumper.

These tires are incredible, they aren't mud tires but they clean themselves very well. I only felt the back end start to float around a couple of times, and all it took was a bit more gas-maybe 500 RPMs-to hook up again. Not bad for a stock height truck, I definitely don't feel any need to level or lift it. I was very impressed with them.

My buddy was out there with me in his '04 Titan (never wheel alone:smileup:). He got stuck once, but was able to get himself out. I had all the recovery gear. Unfortunately, we didn't have anybody else with us to take videos so all I have are pics of the aftermath.

Reactions: lbram81

·
Registered
649 Posts
Oh come on, I still see white paint! You just drove through a few puddles!

Just kidding. She looks good like that! Don't wash it!

Curious, did your running boards get hurt? Any issues out there with them?

Reps for getting her dirty....

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mud actually got higher than it looks, it just didn't all stick. I couldn't quite bring myself to leave all the mud on there so I washed/waxed her the next day. I have a buddy with a Z71 who could not understand why I would do this in a truck this new (I mean, shes 2 years old so you have to start sometime), but his truck is a pavement princess.

Other than the inch or two of mud that accumulated on the running boards directly behind the front wheels they were unaffected. I was a bit concerned initially since they are just mounted to the rocker panels, but there is no play and I made sure the mounts were tight.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's a good thing the Datsun didn't get really stuck, if you'd have tried to pull him out, you'd probably have pulled it in half. :smileup:

Looks fantastic with the mud on it. I like to wash mine just before I go out on a trip so I have record of just how muddy it gets; then I leave it be until the next trip.

Is this the first time she's been off the blacktop?

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this the first time she's been off the blacktop?
No, but the first time I took her very far. The stock tires I had until early this month weren't exactly confidence inspiring the times I took them out.

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I've never really cared for mud flaps or fender flares

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thunder???
Sorry man

They have much better traction than the stock tires did on the pavement, I have no complaints at all. Handling is also much better, even compared to the stock tires after the Bilsteins went on, as they are load range D tires and have a stiffer sidewall. They have 3D sipes and have the snowflake symbol which I think means they are snow rated, but you're out of luck if you want my opinion on snow or ice performance-It doesn't snow here.

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They came out to $1411.70 installed. That included the "state tire fee" (they tax everything out here), balancing, TPMS system rebuild on all 4 wheels, road hazard, and alignment check.

The camber changed slightly and was still within spec, but I had them zero it out anyway because when I got my shocks put on a month earlier at the same place I had it aligned, and the service came with a 6mo/6,000mile warranty. That made it free to have it done, and why not make it perfect? I don't think it had to do with the tires though, it was probably because the shocks had settled.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
tks thunder.
I'm about to drive up north in canada with them on towing a trailer so if you want some real feedback on how they were in the worst possible conditions I'll let you know in 3 weeks LOL.

I've had them in light snow/ice and they were excellent. Awesome tires all around. Quiet, good looking, very comfortable when you run them at the recommended pressures. I over pressure mine a little for fuel economy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts