DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a slow day at the shop to install the Top Gun Customz 2.5 with some 20s on 33s i like it, not as crazy as my other Ram a few of you have seen on here but i need simple in my life right bout now :smileup: lemme know what yall think

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Very nice. I love that setup.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
very cool :rep:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many Rams do you have?
Haha i told you i have a few of these thing, i just love rams soo much i have my 2010 Ram Runner 2WD project then my wife has a 2011 2WD Sport thats lowered, and then i just got this 2012 4WD cuz i used to be a diesel guy until they ruined diesel trucks with DPF crap and smog in California so i decided my next man truck ( 4WD and lifted )would be gas, sooo why not get another dodge :smileup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks awesome! What's next on the list?
Well next on the list is probably to get gears cuz i have a 6 inch RCX lift kit for it that i tried to install until i realized that in 2012 they changed the front diff set up and Mopar ( Superlifts ) is the only one that makes a kit for the 2012s and since i work at the dealer i called em up and got just the diff drop stuff for the kit. Buuut im one of the poor bastards that has 3.55s in his 4wd and the most i can reflash the computer to with the factory WiTech scanner is to 4.10s and these trucks with 6 inch lifts need minimum 36 inch tires sooo 37s..... 3.55s ..... im on hold with that till someone makes a programmer for the 2012s and concidering they dont even make one for the 2011s yet it probably going to become a dust monument

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
sweet truck dude and i loce thoes rims

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Ahhhhhh, so that's the truck thats getting the mix and match lift!? I like! Sucks about those front diff changes. I think majority of the lift companies have caught up now. Whats your plans for the 4wd? What is this needing to reflash when you do gears? Would like more info as I'm about to test a carrier and 4.56s modify to Yukon's new specs. I feel your pain aboun the programmer. That crap is just getting rediculous.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont want to waste my time going to 4.10 when ultimatly i want the same set up as my 2WD 4.56 with a detriot tru trac and to keep the shift schedule half way decent and the speedo semi correct you have to do a reflash ohhh and i hate friggn MDS i work for Dodge and i think it is the stupidest thing in the world so i cant wait to turn it off. Be aware when you do 4.56s in a 2010.5 n up you need to shave the inside of the diff from August 09 and up they made the diff housing wall 20% thicker to be stronger so if you dont shave it it will hit the house , here is a pic with it all done on my 2WD its super minor but you can see were i grinded it away

And of course im super proud of my custom diff cover so i have to show it off haha

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Ohhh I got ya. Hypertech has been claiming to have a speedo fix for out trucks for a but now. Im not wasting my money since I want a programmer. Why didnt you go 4.88 in that 2wd!? That would be beast!

Ive heard you had to shave some. Im wondering if thats an issue with the new ZF rearend? I know they have to redrill my LSD so the ring gear will bolt to it.

Ingo on the diff cover plz. Does mag Hytec make one for ours? I know im lazy and havent looked. It jus hit me the other day to get one since Im gearing my truck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup Mag hytec is the only company that makes one that you can bolt up with zero modification , i went cheap and got an Oasis cover they are a new up and coming company with huge claims so i gave em a try and low and behold i have to bring the cover to a machine shop and get the fins milled down cuz the panhard bar rubed it then i brought it to the powder coat shop and had em do the peppered finish , all n all coulda saved money n got the mag hytec haha but now it stands out from the rest so im happy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No there is no addition to the back its just a 2.5 inch strut spacer and the wheels are 20x10 Fuel Hostages 4.5 inch backspacing with 305/55/20 Toyo Ats

·
Registered
144 Posts
Top Gunz has a kit that includes a .75 on the back but from looking at yours, it doesn't appear to need it. How hard was the install? Top Gunz is only about 15-20 minutes from my house so I was thinking about having them install on my truck since I've never done any type of suspension work. Looks good by the way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts