DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these on their 4th gen ram? The front stake pocket is covered in plastic, but it looks like its just a cover, however it is not, its just an outline of where the stake pocket is. There is a rib on the underside as well, that I am not sure how to contend with...any suggestions?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Anyone use these on their 4th gen ram? The front stake pocket is covered in plastic, but it looks like its just a cover, however it is not, its just an outline of where the stake pocket is. There is a rib on the underside as well, that I am not sure how to contend with...any suggestions?
Have you figured this out?

I am in the same boat....want to install a firestik stake mount.....

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I thought I saw a post a while ago where you could buy covers for those openings. So you could just cut out that outline in the bed rail, then buy covers for them if you want to cover them back up...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I too wish they were all covered!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Looking good -- I am watching this because I am looking to do the same thing...seems like this is something someone could make a cottage industry out of. :smileup:

How do you plan on running the cable into the cab ?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I got my CB wired up today as far as power and ground.....its a Cobra handheld with the small box that mounts anyhere (for the power leads, antennae connection and mic lead).....I am stickingt he box under the seat....tapped into the dash 12v plug.

I also cutt he hole open on the bedrail cover.....turns out that the outline is not 100% on.

The top and bottom (if you are standing at the side of the truck, facing the other side of the truck and looking at the top of the bedrail)are lined up good with the pocket in the bed itself. But the sides are off.

I scored the top and bottom with a sharp razor and then used a dril to punch holes through in several places so I could find the side location....then cleaned it all up a little with the razor. Not perfect but ok and it will be covered by my antenna mount.

So that brings me to my next question for you -- how are you running the antenna wire INTO the cab?

I looked under the truck and found a plastic plug under the drivers seat.....BUT.....looking under the carpet, there is a slab of what I assume is sound insulation over top of it.

I am trying to make this as drill-free as possible so I can return the truck to its condition if I turn it in (its a lease right now).....

Any easy ways to run the antenna wire into the cab???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts