Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 7 "posed" w. fogs

Votes: 1 7.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vote for your two favorite shots please.None of these are edited or cropped in any way. Just dumped off the trusty ol Nikon. A few will look good after a few minutes of photoshop I think

Here is the thread with the interior/LED pics
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?p=783814#post783814
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

A few fun shots

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks great man. I like the pic of the street through the windshield too. If only it was back farther so we can tell it's a Ram. I mean we know it's a ram, but if the pic displayed it somehow.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i like the one of you driving best and then the rear shot

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys

DWW, The rear has been lowered. I cut 1.75 coils off of the stock rear springs and re installed them. My fenders sit at the same height from the ground both front and rear

·
Registered
2012 RAM 1500
326 Posts
I like 5 :smileup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pic #3 is awesome, what settings did you use for that. You must have use a tripod as well. I can never get night shots to work for me.
Pics were shot in full manual exposure, auto focus...in my hand :) I have never used a tripod, the only one I ever owned my dog chewed before I got out of the box lol.

looks like 2-3 second exposure, i like!
Most were just under a second actually. The light in the parking lot is really a lot better than average lol

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Pics were shot in full manual exposure, auto focus...in my hand :) I have never used a tripod, the only one I ever owned my dog chewed before I got out of the box lol.
That's even more impressive with no tripod. :smileup: So for settings you said manual exposure so what was the Fstop, ASA and shutter speeds that you used. I would really like to try some night time shots with my RAM lit up inside and out.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
That's even more impressive with no tripod. :smileup: So for settings you said manual exposure so what was the Fstop, ASA and shutter speeds that you used. I would really like to try some night time shots with my RAM lit up inside and out.
I went back through a few of the pics and supprisingly not where I though they would be. Honestly I do a few test shots per angle, get it close and dial in as I go so i am never really 100% sure what I am shooting at in the moment. I should correct myself when I said full manual I mean the ISO is auto, I control the Fstop and shutter speed

ISO ranged from 1600 down to 720
F stops from 3.2-5.6
The slowest shutter speed surpsingly was only 1/4 of a second ranging up to 1/125 (but i believe the shots that picked up the HID lights and left everything else rather dark are to blame for that)

I LOVE shooting night shots. I had a photography teacher tell me one, "Anyone can put a camera to auto and click off an award winning shot, with real sunlight, the right shadowing, P&S cameras are better and easier than a DSLR because they simply do everything automatically for you. A night shot, at say 95% will always get more respect and attention from a knowledgeable person because not anyone can shoot at night, it takes patience, practice and a little bit of luck to get the right exposure." I shot over 130 pictures, and threw out all but these ones here. None of them are perfect except for maybe the one from the rear, but i believe they are all over 90% without any editing. I have drive for hours upon hours before trying to find good locations for night shots and this is one of my top 3 and i literally stumbled upon it driving home from In N Out, went and got my camera, whiped down my truc and started shooting.

Night pics of vehicles are 80% location IMO. Ive worked for hours and hours in certain parking lots that seem good to get no exposures worth showing. With more and more places going to LED lights, night shots will get easier and eaiser.

Gas station parking lots are also up ther ein my favorite night shots because they usually keep them lit up so well with good white light

1 - 14 of 14 Posts