DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went through my first tank of gas and filled up and hand calculated the MPG with alot of full throttle blasts and city driving and a few longer hwy trips I was able to get 15.5 mpg and theres still under 400 miles on the truck ( 1500, CC, Hemi, 3.55 gears with 20" wheels. Over easter I will be taking a 300+ mile trip one way and will see what it gets at extended interstate drives. So far I'm pretty happy:smileup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just finished my first full tank as well. My first partial tank with a lot of goofing off, I pulled about the same as you 15.3. This weekend I put on about 400 miles, mostly interstate at 75mph. Averaged 18.7 mpg hand calculated for the trip. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
op that sounds about right, i didn't see any "real mileage improvement aft engine had some miles. what i did find is the winter blend really kills mpg with these engines. these engines are very fuel efficient if you can keep your foot out of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My first gas up was 13.8 MPG with a lot of city and 3 days of highway... Hopefully this goes up some as i only have 285 miles on this beast so far..

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's pretty good, if you ask me. I just got done filling mine for the second time. I am averaging 13.4 with 3.92 gears. More city than highway and driving it pretty easy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update on mileage

Update on my mileage: fill up with 87oct. Non ethanol blend (89 is 10% ethanol at my station) drove 296 miles on interstate/country roads. Mixture of rolling hills and flat landand put 15.9 gal. In when i reached my destination. I drove between 70-80mph (mostly 75) which equalls 18.6mpg! Pretty damn good if you ask me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts