DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up people, im jesse with my first post.i own a 05 dodge ram 5.7 hemi with about 34,800 miles,i havent really did any major fixes besides the routine oil change, new brakes ,and filters, and want to know from everyone if i should just change my plugs or plugs and wires?i want better performance and fuel efficiency.i been searching these forums for which kind of plugs to use and i think i'll go with ngk 5306.what else do you recommend i change? and if you recommend i also change my wires, which brand should i use?also i have a single flowmaster exhaust but thinking about getting a dual flowmaster exhaust.what are the differences between single and dual flowmaster? besides dual being louder.oh and one more thing, how many spark plugs will i need? thanks in advance for all your answers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome welcome! This is probably the best forumz around since I started looking. You should be able to get all your answers here, and great advice. I would recommend posting in the "newbie" section to get the warm welcome everyone else receives!

What trim do you have? And you got any pictures of yours? Its good to see more 05 Dodge's with low miles on them!

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
05, you need 16 plugs...and just for your own sake, go ahead and swap your wires out as well (Taylor 8.2 mm's)...if you have a flow already than so be it...hemi's and flows don't equal performance imo. A cheap mod is changing the Y pipe out and changing to a 180 tstat....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts