DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size lift/level will I need to fit 35"s or 315s on a 2wd ram 1500(2005). I was planning on getting a 3" front level. Would that be enough without rubbing? The tires I am getting are Kumho Road Venture MT KL71.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry I mean't you can't fit 35" on a 2wd without a good suspension lift. Probably around 5" suspension lift.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I mean't you can't fit 35" on a 2wd without a good suspension lift. Probably around 5" suspension lift.
Dang. I'm actually getting 315/75R17s. So they will be a little smaller than 35's. They are Kumho Road Venture MT KL71s. What would rub the most? Height wise or on a sharp turns. I could always put wheel spacers. Would that make a difference?

·
Registered
177 Posts
315/75R17 are 35.6" tall and 12.4" wide. There's no way you can run 315/75R17 on a 2wd height wise. Width wise you would be ok or at the most you would need a 1/4" spacer.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I do like what you did Big Red thats a sweet machine. Thats the look I wanted to go for but with my budget couldnt go that high. Maybe a couple years down the road

Back on subject. I think with a 2.5" lift like I have would be able to fit 35's but snug. The taller your truck is the safer you'll be with the tires

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have a 2011 4x4 and i have 2.5 inches up front. i put 315s on originally and cut a tire down on my way home from the shop...NOT as much fun as you would think. haha. they rub on the upper A arm. that was with a -20 offset. (dont want them sticking out of the wells to far, the cops up here are rediculous and fine you if your too far out of the wells. i ended up going to 305's. still a 35" tire but with some spacers i was able to fit them and still be "mostly" in the wheel wells...haha. not sure how much different the 2011 is compared to a 2005 suspension wise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts