DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here and first time posting. Currently in Afghanistan but when I get home I want to finish up my truck. Currently have a 2012 PW with a 8 inch stage 2 long arm Top Gun Customz lift kit with 37x13.50R20 tires and I want to move up to 40s. The shop that put my lift on said I should be able to clear the bigger tires no problem but all I have found is trucks with 10 inches on 40s. I'm getting a ADD Stealth Bumper for the front, since it's designed specifically for the PW, and that should give me more clearance in the front to fit the tires. My plan is to go to 20x12 wheels with 40x14.50xR20 tires. Just seeing what you guys think. My second PW btw, first one was 6 inches with 37's and cleared that no problem.

Attachments

·
8,090 Posts
If you want to run 40's on a 20x12 rim you're going to need to add more lift for sure. As you mentioned most guys are running at least 10" of lift to run 40's if not more. It's easy enough to add on to the lift you have though. Front spacers, rear lift shackles, and new shocks all around should get you there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the spacers sit right on top of the coil so I could go 2 inches there. Would a lift shackle be compatible with my lift kit and would I need a 2 inch to level it out or less as it sits level right now.

·
8,090 Posts
Mind posting a link to the exact kit you have? Then I'll be able to take a look and tell you exactly what will work. A lift shackle should work no problem though as it just drops the leaf spring down from the stock location. The other option would be going to taller blocks but if you already have a 5" or 6" block on your kit I wouldn't recommend going any larger.

If your truck is sitting level now then yes you will want to lift it the same amount front and back to keep that stance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
8,090 Posts
Okay, I figured that's the setup you had.

On e bad you'll be fine with either large blocks or a lift shackle. Then longer shocks to go with.
For the front all you'll need is coil spacers and longer shocks. As far as the driveshaft goes, just get it lengthened. I had mine lengthened and rebalanced for about $150.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Look at Aev's Ram conversion. I emailed them yesterday to see if or when they may make the replacement fenders and fender flares that go with them. They are running a 3" lift with 40 inch tires on the conversion. Im hopeing AEV offers these ram parts soon so we can run larger tires with out all the lift. Otherwise I may contact a body shop for options. I don't like the idea of rolling fenders or trimming unless it's done professionally and even then the gains are minimal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I heard through the AEV forum, that there Ram line is supposed to be released at the end of the month. Also, there is a guy over on the Power Wagon Registry forum that is running 37s on stock suspension, so I imagine you could squeeze 40s under yours. Prolly have to spacers though and maybe do some trimming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts