DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the way to work my check engine light was flashing a couple times, what does that mean? is it receiving a new code or am i on the verge of total meltdown here? any help would be great

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I believe that whens it's flashing it means "get yo ass to the shop asap!"

I'd definitely get it looked at.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK so on my lunch break i went to advance auto parts and had them hook up the code scanner. I got a p0300 which lucky me means multiple misfiers YAY!!! i just changed teh plugs and wires cuz i coded a cylinder 4 misfire a couple weeks ago. I know for a fact that i have an exhaust leak but would that cuz a misfire and throw a code? its not a specific code cuz it said pending on the scanner. can anyone shed soem light on my situation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flashing usually means a problem but no "hard" code, which is usually a misfire or an o2 sensor going out. Glad it was easy!

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
the shop told me if the lights flashing turn the truck off ASAP

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aparently the flashing engine light means ur about to spend some money!!! i just spent $804 on 4 ball joint and and tie rod end OUCH!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK after some serious thrashing on the truck last night i finally got the engine running smooth. new cap and rotor i reset the plugs according to correct firing order i found 2 plugs that were swapped incorrectly checked my plugs and regapped them. and changed the coil. WOW what a differance!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts