DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone give me a list of ALL the possible causes for this light? I am trying to figure what's causing mine, and I'm not finding anything useful on the internet besides telling me that its the throttle body, which I know it's not.

The vehicle doesn't have to be running, I get it as soon as I turn the ignition into accessory. It flashes repeatedly. When I do start the vehicle, it idles horribly.

Id rather rip out all of the computers and throw a makeshift carb/manifold on than to go to a Chrysler service center.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Limp mode.
I had this issue a few years ago and it turned out to be the egr .
However i am now having the same issue again.
Rough idle, lightning bolt , which kills the throttle .[will only idle to move vehicle]
Was doing it with no check engine light and now the light is on.
Going to get the codes read today.
But i would start at the egr if you are not getting codes.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
You need to read the code, that lighting bolt can be from a broken valve spring to something very simple. I had this happen on my 03 while drive, it broke a valve spring on me and was was 70 mile from no where.

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
could be a dirty throttle body & cold weather

or
Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
This light informs you of a problem with the
Electronic Throttle Control system. If a problem
is detected the light will come on while the
engine is running. If the light remains lit with
the engine running your vehicle will usually be drivable,
however, see your dealer for service as soon as possible.
If the light is flashing when the engine is running,
immediate service is required and you may experience
reduced performance, an elevated/rough idle or engine
stall and your vehicle may require towing. The light will
come on when the ignition is first turned on and remain
on for 15 seconds as a bulb check. If the light does not
come on during starting, have the system checked by an
authorized dealer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also heard with the lighting bolt Thor is close and your truck is picking him up (radar). Look around the sky! Might be your lucky day. Valhalla is looking at your truck...

·
Registered
9 Posts
my code was 2175 what I think hope, was the throttle body was carboned up and it will stick shut , rarely but when it does its a problem. I cleaned with carb cleaner ect, fine wire brush, Important,, clean the edge of the butterfly,,, I sanded the edge with sandpaper taking off some of the sharpe edge and smoothing it,, lubed with Teflon spray now waiting for the next problem. it has quit for a few minutes,, also missed and stuttered for several miles,, next time I will stop the truck and erase the code, this is an intermittent problem that could be bad but it is irritating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
W
Limp mode.
I had this issue a few years ago and it turned out to be the egr .
However i am now having the same issue again.
Rough idle, lightning bolt , which kills the throttle .[will only idle to move vehicle]
Was doing it with no check engine light and now the light is on.
Going to get the codes read today.
But i would start at the egr if you are not getting codes.
What if there is no egr. I guess my hemi didn't have an egr. I bought one thinking I could still hook it up but of coarse there is no plugging off the wire harness and no outlet to the exhaust tubing to hook up. The codes show egr malfunction. And throttle body lite is flashing it idles real rough up and down on Rpms and I have to keep it idle myself. How do I reset the limp mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts