DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part numbers for the the black, power, flip-up tow mirrors like the 2500/3500 that will fit the 1500? And if this will work on a 2012 SLT 1500 Quad Cab? Just power/heated now.
Numbers I had were
55372070AH
55372071AH
Dealer's ordered everything put these so far and when looking on line I get mixed messages on what fits/what doesn't
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought a set (for a 2010) that have the signals and puddle lamps as well as power/heated. I haven't installed them yet but have had them cross referenced at the dealer to make sure they work. Still a question of whether or not the turn signal/ puddle lamps will work. The tech I spoke to says he can get the signals working, not sure about the puddle lamps.

Here are the numbers for mine. 55372071AG and 55372070AG

I think there's a difference in the turn signal lamp position on these mirrors compared to the 2012's. These are all black.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They ordered telescopic mirror first. Then I gave them the part numbers listed above but they said the correct part numbers were 72AH and 73AH. Those came in but are manual instead of power. I do most of my own work on the cars/trucks/bikes so I'm now inclined to just order them myself and put them on. I'll check out those part numbers. when do you plan to install?

·
Registered
148 Posts
They ordered telescopic mirror first. Then I gave them the part numbers listed above but they said the correct part numbers were 72AH and 73AH. Those came in but are manual instead of power. I do most of my own work on the cars/trucks/bikes so I'm now inclined to just order them myself and put them on. I'll check out those part numbers. when do you plan to install?
The part number change is likely due to them being for a 2010 not a 2012. I got lucky with these (300.00/pr.) as I choked when I heard what the dealer wanted for a set of OEM. I hope to install them soon, and I will update my findings. I do all my own work as well and hate to cough up dough to the dealer except when absolutely necessary!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm EXTREMELY anxious to hear your results as the dealer finally found the mirrors for my truck...$900 for the set. I've found some on line but want to make sure they're a fit and function (at least the power part - don't care about turn signals or puddle lights).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Threw mine on a couple days ago, of course, the power heat and the power mirrors works, no turns or puddles... It will be awhile before I install the remote start and have the truck flashed... but will let you all know what I find out. On the upside, the mirrors are awesome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer finally got the right mirros in. Installed today and like you said, awesome! All adjustments and heat work. I had the proper wiring/plugs for the turn signals/puddle lamps with I was pumped about as was the technician installing. Said give me 10 minutes to run the truck to the shop and get it flashed. Now the rub, the shop says no 'code' for those mirrors on a 2012 1500. The Accessories guy found the code as did I when I 'built' a 1500 on the webiste for them. I think it was GPG. They actually had some on the lot with this factory option! (Funny $180 option from the factory...Coded GPG!) Guess I'll wait a month the see if they get their system updated. In the meantime I'm gonna ping Chrysler. If you successfully get yours flashed and the lights work I'd love to her what they had to do for a code.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just installed mine today. Same part numbers as MoparDude. Heat, Power, Signal & Puddle Light all work just fine..:smileup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Col,
do you have a picture of them? I bet they look awesome. I have been fighting with dealers to order them. They were tellling me that they didnt have them available for purchase yet in the parts catalog. I cant even tell you how pissed i was getting. Will be getting mine soon.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Col,
do you have a picture of them? I bet they look awesome. I have been fighting with dealers to order them. They were tellling me that they didnt have them available for purchase yet in the parts catalog. I cant even tell you how pissed i was getting. Will be getting mine soon.
Hope you get them soon man. :smileup: Only put them on today so have to waite untill May to try them with the Trailer..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mopardude/Col- do you guys know if these mirrors will also bolt right up to a 2012 2500?
The Mirrors I threw on are actually for a 2010 and the went on my 2012 just fine. The cab and doors are the same between the 1500/2500/3500. The harnesses should be the same as well. Mine hooked up to the factory module inside the door, I haven't tried to get the puddle lamps or turn indicators to work just yet, been busy with other stuff... the power mirrors and defrost feature work.

Hope this helps... if in doubt, your parts guy at the dealer should help you cross reference any concerns you might have!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Any update on getting the signal/puddle lights to work? Tech's told me I don't have the wiring for them when they installed them. Is it just an extra pigtail from the door moduel to the mirrors or is it a different module too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
No puddle or signals working

I am working down this path also, have a '12 base model optioned up to = perhaps an SLT , Express..? and bought the folding trailer tow mirrors off Craigslist. Previously were on an '11 Outdoorsman I believe. They bolt right up on my truck, my originals had one connector the new have two and my truck has the interface plugs in the door to plug them in but puddle lamps and turn signals don't work on them. I went to the dealer but mechanic said he can't download the optional mirrors as they are not listed as an option when he puts my vin in.
I see the same mirrors on 2012 Rams at another dealers lot so either the program they use is not up to date, ot they are only an available option if you started with say a Longhorn or SLT or ...?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just installed mine today. Same part numbers as MoparDude. Heat, Power, Signal & Puddle Light all work just fine..:smileup:
So am I to understand that you have the same part numbers as Mopar and the lights and signals work fine? Also, what is the flash people are talking about? I'm looking for mirrors for towing my travel trailer.
I have the 1500 Lonestar 4x4.
Thanks in advance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts