DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Flowmaster Super 40 Series muffler on my truck. The stock muffler is beyond heavy and has to support hangers just for itself. Either way i had to do minor modifications because i didnt measure the outlet size correctly. 3inch inlet and 2 1/8inch outlet for those who are looking to buy a muffler. It sounds MEAN!! i highly reccomend this muffler, ive gotten alot of looks just from the sound!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know there's all kinds of debates on here in regards to Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow and everybody's got their own opinion, but man those 40's sound amazing on these trucks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
On the muffler hanger, isn't that OEM location fairly important? I'm not sure it was based on the fact that the muffler is that heavy vs. the need for a hanger at that point. I went with a Borla muffler and had the muffler guy weld up a hanger to the muffler just like the stock one to utilize what I thought was a very nice hanger design. Just wondering.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hear ya Nocturnal!! I have a Flowmaster 40 on mine and LOVE it! I originally put on a magnaflow 14, but removed it a week later because I didn't like the sound. I brought my truck in to have the windows tinted today, the guy doing it came over to me and said "Man, that thing sounds bad-ass". Compliments always put a smile on your face. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have flowmaster super 44's on mine and love it. One of these days I'll delete the resos.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
yup..debate is sound vs performance...you buy flows for a distinctive sound, but they are considered low on the totem pole when it comes to performance on our hemi's... i ran flows for a long while and wanted more performance, swapped it for mags and my performance has improved since..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I researched on youtube and thought the FM 50 was pretty good sounding. Does anyone have a soundbite of the 40's. I want that deep hotrod sound even though I have a small V6 3.7L. I figure its not much on power, but it doesn't mean it cannot sound mean. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
DodgeRob
DODGE RAM FORUM
We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models.
Full Forum Listing