DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have experience with it? Says its specifically designed for Hemis and also mentions larger CID motors. So the 392 seems like a great candidate.

Any info would be welcome.

Luke

·
Registered
7 Posts
No experience with 50 series, but love the 40 series. Great sound throughout the whole RPM range, interior sound isn't bad unless at 1700-1800 RMP...get a hum that isn't fun to listen to over long distances.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had a 50 series "big block" muffler and a black tip installed yesterday. So far it has a perfect deep tone with no drone at any rpm range. I left the resonater in place just in case. It's louder than stock but not obnoxious by any means.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! Does it have a defined note or is it kinda sloppy?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cold startup sounds a little hoarse...but once warm, that sound turns some heads. I put duals out the passenger side in front of the rear tires. Get a lot of compliments not only on the sound, but the location of the tips since no one can find them in front of the tires.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I put the 50 hd American Thunder on my 5.7. Perfect fit with no fabrication. It has a good rumble and sounds great when you get on it. But it is a little to quite for me. The outlaw is the same thing but supposed to be louder. Maybe I should have tried that one.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had Flowmaster 50 on my 2014 6.2 F-150 FX4. Sounded awesome.
Liked the MPRB sound just a little better.

Later.....
I put the 50 hd American Thunder on my 5.7. Perfect fit with no fabrication. It has a good rumble and sounds great when you get on it. But it is a little to quite for me. The outlaw is the same thing but supposed to be louder. Maybe I should have tried that one.
Thanks for the input. I'm still torn. The local shop I'm going to use sells all major brands, but he believes for what I want the magnaflow would be best.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I hear good things about the Magnaflow. If you told them what you wanted sound wise I would take there advice.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Magnaflow has a very distinct sound, some love it some don't. Would be nothing like a Flowmaster, even it both were about the same decibels. I have their entire cat-back kit (19200) and a number of people comment on how good the truck sounds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the Flowmaster 50 HD. Deleted the results resonators and added black tips to my blacked out '15. I couldn't be happier with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts