DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I want to put Flowmaster Mufflers on my new Ram when it gets here. My old truck has true dual flowmasters but I can't remember which ones were put on 6 years ago. I love the way it sounds, maybe I can get under my truck and it will still be visable on the muffler? I want to have the loudest Flowmaster I can that is street legal. The guy at the truck shop said I should get a Super 44. Anyone have any opinion or experience with Flowmaster and know which one is best? Anyone use Delta Force 40 series? Are those street legal? I live in Virginia if that helps.

·
Registered
266 Posts
the loudest flow master you can get is the original 40. The super 40 is what I had on my old 94 ram and it was pretty loud too. The only thing you will find is it is hard to get loud out of a stock vehicle because of the cat's. They can get pretty loud but on some vehicles with the stock cats they don't make any noise. I don't know how the new rams sound with performance exhaust. One thing I will warn you is the performance exhaust sounds like crap with the MDS. We have had three people with chargers (same motor) come in and had us rip off their various mufflers because they were disgusted with the sound of the exhaust when the MDS kicks in.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yeah, they have certain exhausts out there for that very reason for the MDS on the HEMI engines...Not too sure which ones, but I believe the MOPAR made by BORLA is one of them...

E

·
0 Posts
The MDS motors, with Flowmasters, will drone terribly. One way to attenuate that is to add a small resonator on the end of each tailpipe, in front of the exhaust tip. Doesn't have to be big and it will get rid of most of the drone. It won't seriously impact the sound of the Flowmasters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts