DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

im looking into gettin an exhaust for my 2012 next week. whats pros vs cons? i have a few people tell me magna flow is better and then i have others tell me flowmaster. please help!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Both are known to make great products, but my vote goes to magnaflow:smileup: next time if you use the search function you would find hundreads of threads about this topic.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Magnaflows are a straight through type and perform better every time. They are all stainless steel with a lifetime warranty. The normal flowmasters are not stainless, they may make a stainless version though, I'm not sure. Flowmasters are a chambered/baffled design so they don't flow as well. Sound is all up to the person...I honestly prefer magnaflow, they are much quieter at low rpm's IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
if your going for sound,i put the flowmaster 40 on my truck,it sounds like an animal! it even sounds better on my ram 1500 than it did on my jeep srt8. the growl is amazing!autoanything has a good price on them also.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Magnaflows are a straight through type and perform better every time. They are all stainless steel with a lifetime warranty. The normal flowmasters are not stainless, they may make a stainless version though, I'm not sure. Flowmasters are a chambered/baffled design so they don't flow as well. Sound is all up to the person...I honestly prefer magnaflow, they are much quieter at low rpm's IMO.
^^^^ Yup haha:smileup:

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
performance- magnaflow... poor performance- flowmaster

I've run flow 50s before and the mags far out perform flows...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
note: none of the REALLY fast guys run flows..but seems like alot of the really lightly modded guys run flows and notice it's mostly "it sounds awesome" as opposed to performing better..

·
Registered
360 Posts
I love my magnaflow. I've had it on for over 50k miles on my 09 it sounds and performs awesome!

·
Registered
747 Posts
This is like comparing apples to oranges but I had a Flowmaster cat-back on my old F-150 w/5.4 v8. It sure sounded nice, but I honestly didn't notice any performance gains. If there were any they were minimal.
I went with a 18" Magnaflow muffler (used stock piping) and I have to say that I will never go back to flowmaster. I noticed a nice bump in performance and it sounds great. Mellow while cruising and nice deep growl when I get on it. I am one that likes to do performance mods for the performance gain, not the sound.
I know comparing the two engines is like apples to oranges, but a simple muffler swap made two completely different outcomes.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
magnaflow has my vote

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a wedding to go to next sat bud. Raicheck on that though. I live in el mirage and work in n phx.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I Love my flowmasters they made my truck sound like a beast! I never had much luck with magnaflows had to replace them twice on my old ford

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've got a Magnaflow on my hemi and my dad has a 40 series on his old chevy 350. The 40 series sounds more raw while the magnaflow sounds a little more refined until you put your feet in it. Also the Magnaflow reminds me of my buddy's mom's old GMC that had a 350 with high end glass packs and it sounded amazing, the bar which I measure all other exhaust against.

·
Registered
116 Posts
How hard do you have to push the Magnaflow before you get a lot of sound out of it? I had a Flowmaster on a 09 4.7 and loved the sound. But now I'm looking for sound but not so much that i can't hunt without running all the deer off. I really want to hear the sound when i want to but not have the Flowmaster growl all the time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts