DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I am not sure if this belongs here as I dont know what the leak is and there is no spot to post general questions about the 3rd gens. I have a fluid leak, started off as a drip now and then, now there is a decent amount in the snow to start asking questions, good thing is there is snow so I can see there is a leak, bad thing is that there is snow so water is constantly dripping off the truck so it is hard to tell what is wet from a leak.

Anyone know what the yellow coloured fluid is? looks like 2 different spots where it is dripping, on the drivers side and passenger side, close to or behind the front wheels... any help would be great

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Look around under your truck, can you pinpoint the leak? I ask because in the snow, yellow fluid could be engine oil, diff lube, coolant, or brake fluid.

I am betting coolant if its neon yellow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like A/C, though there's really not that much in the system. I suppose that if it mixed with water it would appear like more. Don't really know of anything else that would appear neon. That would be the first thing I would check, maybe someone else on here has better advice. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
well I am not sure if this belongs here as I dont know what the leak is and there is no spot to post general questions about the 3rd gens. I have a fluid leak, started off as a drip now and then, now there is a decent amount in the snow to start asking questions, good thing is there is snow so I can see there is a leak, bad thing is that there is snow so water is constantly dripping off the truck so it is hard to tell what is wet from a leak.

Anyone know what the yellow coloured fluid is? looks like 2 different spots where it is dripping, on the drivers side and passenger side, close to or behind the front wheels... any help would be great
Coolant. I've never seen yellow engine oil, trans. fluid or P/S fluid. There's not enough oil in the A/C to notice a leak.

·
Registered
247 Posts
how about an animal hidding under your truck at night and peeing in the snow? i would just check your coolant level cause that is a close to yellow as you'll get and buy a automotive black light as coolant has a dye in it so you'll be able to spot it

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the all the respsonses guys! I was kinda thinking coolant but it was pretty shitty today (we got 1 and half feet of snow over night and continued over today, so I decided to burns some gas in the sled riding epic conditions, will check her over good tmrw, hate seeing leaks and stuff that isnt right!

much appreciated too everyone!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
something common where I live is the application of an anti icing spray on the roads in winter...

they have stopped using traditional salt here and sometimes after coming in from being out after the anti icing application i have yellow drippings by by mudflaps...Ive also been told that there is a anti rust coating on exhaust parts that leaks off when wet and cause a yellow staining on driveways/roads etc.

just a couple of things to consider should your coolant/fluid levels be correct.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
coolant level is a fair bit low... power steering is a little low too, but I did have a leak with power steering before and put a new hose clamp and from what I had seen it was fine, so I am thinking coolant, will top it up tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts