DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fluid coming from my driver side rear axle at the wheel. The fluid is on the brake assembly guard plate on the part that is exposed facing the axle. I don't see anything coming from the caliper and i thought maybe the axle shaft seals may be bad. Changed out the seals, inspected the bearings an they seem to be fine, but still have the same slow leak.:4-dontknow:

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have fluid coming from my driver side rear axle at the wheel. The fluid is on the brake assembly guard plate on the part that is exposed facing the axle. I don't see anything coming from the caliper and i thought maybe the axle shaft seals may be bad. Changed out the seals, inspected the bearings an they seem to be fine, but still have the same slow leak.:4-dontknow:

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.
I would look at the caliper again closely. Check the hoses and banjo fitting on the caliper. Also, a piston can seep very slowly and hard to detect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check the banjo bolt or even the seal that goes around the piston. I've seen them both leak. Make sure to check your resovoir too. You don't want to run low on brake fluid. It's not fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll take a look at it again this this weekend and check the banjo bolt and piston seal. The rebulid kits are inexpensive so hopefully that takes care of it. The fluid doesn't have that gear oil smell so I'm confident it isn't a axle problem. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. It was pinion seal. Quick and easy fix...unfortunately I was on a long trip so by the time it was fixed I needed new rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts