DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is ordered, but not yet built. I'm planning my initial mods. Do the foglights come on only with the lowbeams, or can they come on with the parking lights without the headlights? I mainly use the fogs as lights for low light conditions, but not really dark.

If they only come on with the low beams, has anyone figured out a way to use them independently? CAN systems are tougher and a bit risky to modify.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You can use the fogs with the park lights or with headlights on, but only with low beams. I always run with my parks and fogs in town because I think it looks cool.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can use them with the parking lights only. All you have to do is leave you fog lights on and they will work the way you want to them to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just really glad that i could help you out.:smileup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
i hate that trucks make the fog lights turn off on the high beams. i like having all kinds of light in front of me so i can see whats in front of me. i dont want to hit a deer at 60mph.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Illegal

i hate that trucks make the fog lights turn off on the high beams. i like having all kinds of light in front of me so i can see whats in front of me. i dont want to hit a deer at 60mph.
Check your state codes, most states forbid fogs, driving, or any aux lights on with high beams.

Not to say you can't make it work.

Also if you are looking for more lighting for "deer" related issues use driving lights instead of fogs. Fogs light up in front of truck up to where low beams extend, but also give a wider lighted area in front of the truck. t\They are meant to cut through fog so you can see the road in front of the truck, not way ahead of it.. If you set them up high to light up ahead, they really do not do anywhere as good as driving lights will. The fogs have a different reflector in them to do this.

·
Registered
386 Posts
This will do what you want! As above probably not legal, but works nice.

I tried to link my post, but no go.

Do a "SEARCH" above; Fog lights on with brights?. Scroll down to my post #5.

Good luck

·
Registered
479 Posts
Check your state codes, most states forbid fogs, driving, or any aux lights on with high beams.

Not to say you can't make it work.

Also if you are looking for more lighting for "deer" related issues use driving lights instead of fogs. Fogs light up in front of truck up to where low beams extend, but also give a wider lighted area in front of the truck. t\They are meant to cut through fog so you can see the road in front of the truck, not way ahead of it.. If you set them up high to light up ahead, they really do not do anywhere as good as driving lights will. The fogs have a different reflector in them to do this.
i see what you mean. i just installed fog lights on my truck yesterday. but still i like having them they look so freaking sweet. they are halo projector fog lights. i like being seen so people dont hit me and i dont hit things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts