DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like a lot of other people on here, I hit up the Black Friday sale that HIDXtra.com had and ordered a set for my lows and for my fog lights. Before I had the smoke Recon projector headlights which looked amazing on the truck. My only problem was there wasn't enough light output since I work in a lot of backwoods places, so I decided to take them off and put my factory lights back on. I ordered some smoke headlight covers to help keep the look of my truck and installed all of my HID kits. The HID lights make a world of a difference, and my truck had a ton of lighting power with my HID off-road lights on my bull bar. (My roommate said it looked like I had a UFO under my truck lol) Well the other day my rig picked up to start another job. I was driving down the dirt road my rig was on and hit a rough spot going pretty fast. I didn't think anything about it and kept going. Well I got to the location and was walking back to my truck after carrying some stuff in just to discover wires hanging from my fog lights. Apparently those bumps in the road knocked both ballast out of the brackets that came with them, and my tires ripped them completely out! :doh: I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures I have of the light updates on my phone, but I'll do that tomorrow when I get a chance.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
well thats about why it is in the instruction to put the two side tape(included in the box) between the braket and the ballast, i think its even highlitted,...

did you put that tape in??

anyway i would try to contact them, their very nice, they will probably give you a discount to purchase 2 new ballast, by the way their not that much expensive from 25$(35w) to 30$(55w) each at regular price unless you have the canbus kit their 60$ each

for myself i did not put it(the 2 side tape) and two days after my fogs ballast were hanging down,..

i took off the braket and put tierap directly from the ballast to the frame, so now their is no way it will come lose again

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I'm willing to bet the new ballasts will be mounted much better than even the instructions suggest. ;)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Sorry to hear, I have mine tie strapped 2 vertically and 2 horizontally

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats about why it is in the instruction to put the two side tape(included in the box) between the braket and the ballast, i think its even highlitted,...

did you put that tape in??
Unfortunately I never saw anything about the double sided tape, but I ended up using those for mounting the canbus kit I ordered for my headlights because I couldn't find a good location to mount a bracket.

I'm willing to bet the new ballasts will be mounted much better than even the instructions suggest. ;)
Haha you better believe I'm going to put everything I can think of to keep it from falling off next time! Brackets, double sided tape, gorilla glue, zip ties, and the good ole ******* fix everything tool duct tape! lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got around to uploading the pictures. Here's what my truck looked like all lit up before the evil dirt road. Plus I added the picture of what my truck looks like with the stock lights and covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Looks beast! Hope you get it worked out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts