DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds dumb, but I cant figure out how to fold up the rear seat in my truck. Only the right side goes up, the other side seems jammed. Is there a latch or something I'm missing?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that was kind of my point... the small seat on the driver side pops up just fine. The bigger portion of the seat seems jammed. it comes up about 4-5 inches and stops. And its a dead stop. Is there a a latch or a hinge i have to release?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yea that was kind of my point... the small seat on the driver side pops up just fine. The bigger portion of the seat seems jammed. it comes up about 4-5 inches and stops. And its a dead stop. Is there a a latch or a hinge i have to release?
There is no latch or release. When the seat bottom gets pulled up it also moves the seat back. Maybe your seat back is catching on something. I would just wait for next oil change and have the dealer take a look at it. Maybe your hinge is bent or bad. You never know, but if you can do the small one your should be able to do the large one. Sorry

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd rather avoid going to a shop. Last choice would be the stealership. They'd want to sell me a whole new seat and charge me $300 in labor to change it. No thanks.

This has got to be a simple fix. Maybe if i removed the seat it would be easier to figure out??

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'd rather avoid going to a shop. Last choice would be the stealership. They'd want to sell me a whole new seat and charge me $300 in labor to change it. No thanks.

This has got to be a simple fix. Maybe if i removed the seat it would be easier to figure out??
Yes, probably.

Maybe you have something thats in behind the seat? Something your threw under the seat and rolled to the back wall or something...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was like that when I got it. It doesnt feel like just a stuck object cause it a solid stop. How do i get the seat out without it being able to lift up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts