DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased these tires they filled them up to 38 psi. Almost 5K miles later I went in to have them rotated and they fill them up to 50 psi. I asked them why they went with 50 psi and they said they should be ran at that pressure. :wow: What gives? 38 or 50 psi??? What do you think?

What pressure are you running?

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
50 seems a little high...what does the max psi say on the tire?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Im curious to know this too bc they filled mine up to 38lbs also

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I called Nitto and spoke with the tech dept.
He looked up my truck on the computer and said:
Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 stock psi is 35.
With the E load Trail Grapplers LT295/70R18's 45 psi is what you want.
Set them at 45 psi.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
glad you got it figured out bud:)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Okay I called Nitto and spoke with the tech dept.
He looked up my truck on the computer and said:
Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 stock psi is 35.
With the E load Trail Grapplers LT295/70R18's 45 psi is what you want.
Set them at 45 psi.
I have 295/70/17's do you think mine should be any different then 45?

·
Registered
288 Posts
The dealer I got mine from says to run them at 55-60psi. I put them at 60 for the last month and the ride feels perfect. I will have to call Nitto as well, I don't want to wear these suckers out too fast.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had mine at 40 felt a little soft and sluggish, put them at 50 and it feels a lot better, was even thinking about trying 55

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine are at 50 as well and i havent heard of sensors going off for over inflation

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dont know about the sensors but if you go to nittotire.com - grappler truck- (type of tire your looking for) - then click specs, there will be a chart with all the info on the tire you need including psi, load capacity, tire diameter, and rim size needed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I dont know about the sensors but if you go to nittotire.com - grappler truck- (type of tire your looking for) - then click specs, there will be a chart with all the info on the tire you need including psi, load capacity, tire diameter, and rim size needed.

On the chart it shows maximum psi and loads. I have a feeling I shouldn't be running 80 psi that just sounds way to high to me.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
On the chart it shows maximum psi and loads. I have a feeling I shouldn't be running 80 psi that just sounds way to high to me.
deffinetly wouldnt run at 80 unless you have 2000 pounds in your box... I would imagine the ride is pretty rough

·
Registered
47 Posts
Alright so we know the maxes. But is anyone running perfect tread with the Nitto Trail Grappler LT295/70R18E (max. 4080lbs @ 80psi) daily city/highway driving in a Ram 1500? Please let me know what pressure you are running at, would love to clear this up. Currently running 50psi daily driving. Had the tires for couple days now. Or im off to do a chalk test.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.