DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know frame rot is a lot to do with environment and cleanliness just curious if anyone's used frame treatments/rhino mat on the frames to really keep solid protection over the long term.

And if anyones done it what did they use and how long did it take?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know that frame rot is a issue on the Rams. I live in Missouri and we get lots of snowy icy roads with plenty of salt during the winter and I have never had an issue with the frames on my rams. All I do is occasionally hose the underside off. You should probably worry more about those rear wheel wells than the frame.

If you do this, Make sure your frame is thoroughly clean and dry, Otherwise all you will end up doing is trapping dirt an moisture and actually causing the problem your trying to prevent.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Mines 13 years old and the paint is still shiny on most of the frame, only the very back has some chipping in the paint so I don't think frames are going to be a problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FL Frame Rot

This might be an anomaly but, my 2012 Express 4x4 developed a rattle going over bumps. Took it to the dealership and turns out the welded nuts that attached the side steps were no longer welded to anything solid. Purchased used in 2014 with 33 k traded in 2016 with 44 k for a 2014 2500 Cummins with 33 k.

:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Look into Internal Frame Coating by Eastwood company. Can be had on Amazon and is really amazing stuff. Think 4 cans will cover a ram frame

1 - 5 of 5 Posts