DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do they not put tow hook on all the Rams from the factory ??!! My buddy got his bob cat stuck on a site this morning well i guess it was more falling into a hole then stuck haha and none of our trucks have tow hooks what kind of crap is that , so i went to work bought some and 6 18mm nuts and bolts and a razor knife and this is what ya get :smileup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks good! Yeah, I wish they would just throw them on all the trucks. These are on my long list as well. I think they will look good on my Express

I have to say though, the tow hooks on our Rams looks sooooo much better than whatever they put on Chevys and Fords. Just sayin

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohhh shit i know huh they are huge compared to the chevys fords n nissans when i went to talk to my parts manager he brought down a fairly big box n i was like holy shit what do you have in there brother haha they are beefy thats for sure check out the back of em

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yeah, I second that. Tow hooks and skid plates should be STANDARD equipment on all 4X4's. I added my tow hooks right after I bought my truck and it really completes the look up front. And YES, they are way better looking than the ones they throw on the Fords and GMs.

Skid plates are next.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good. I saw a ram the other day at the gym with tow hooks and instantly said I want those. I just need to find time when I'm not working to go to the dealership and get them.
I'm also considering the skid plates. I know it is a factory option (skid plates and tow hooks), so I am thinking I might just be able to order it all in a similar package.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Another reason why I wanted the big horn even though i have a 2wd. Tow hooks and 3.92 gears!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I bought my Ram in February '09
first Mod was the tow hooks

the 2nd mod was getting rid of the dealers license plate frame

:LOL:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Tow hooks do look good but I prefer to pull someone out from my hitch for better traction...well in most cases anyway. :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I bought them to get pulled out

I have to sometimes go where the different kinds of sand will sink you quick, especially blow sand

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm also considering the skid plates. I know it is a factory option (skid plates and tow hooks), so I am thinking I might just be able to order it all in a similar package.
If you can let me know. Although, I really don't think you will be able to. Tow hooks are listed at $155 and transfer case skid plate is listed at $158. My dealer gives me a bit of a discount on all accessories, so I think I could probably get the tow hooks and transfer case skid plate installed for $300 or less

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you can let me know. Although, I really don't think you will be able to. Tow hooks are listed at $155 and transfer case skid plate is listed at $158. My dealer gives me a bit of a discount on all accessories, so I think I could probably get the tow hooks and transfer case skid plate installed for $300 or less
Not sure when I am going to get a chance to go in, but I will elt you know for sure. And we may have different option packages up here in Canada, wouldn't be the first time i've seen craziness like this; but chances are you are right. I would be doing all the installing myself though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, I second that. Tow hooks and skid plates should be STANDARD equipment on all 4X4's. I added my tow hooks right after I bought my truck and it really completes the look up front. And YES, they are way better looking than the ones they throw on the Fords and GMs.

Skid plates are next.
Agree 100% why the heck would you even offer a 4WD without skid plates and hooks? Hell why offer a truck without the hooks for the matter JMO though.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Agree 100% why the heck would you even offer a 4WD without skid plates and hooks? Hell why offer a truck without the hooks for the matter JMO though.
I actually removed my skid plates the day I brought it home from the dealership. I'll take my ATV off road, not my $50k truck. I never plan to do offroading where I'd need the plates. Anybody looking for a set of new skid plates?

·
Registered
150 Posts
these hooks are great! i installed mine last week, the day AFTER i got stuck!!! in the last couple a days i used them to pull a car up a hill, pulled some large trees in the right direction (away from the house). but your right, they should come standard!

i used a dremel to cut it out, plastic was pretty thick

·
Registered
831 Posts
I actually removed my skid plates the day I brought it home from the dealership. I'll take my ATV off road, not my $50k truck. I never plan to do offroading where I'd need the plates. Anybody looking for a set of new skid plates?
Hey, if you saved the bolts/hardware, PM me with a price...was going to order them anyway.

Rich

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not sure when I am going to get a chance to go in, but I will elt you know for sure. And we may have different option packages up here in Canada, wouldn't be the first time i've seen craziness like this; but chances are you are right. I would be doing all the installing myself though.
I'm not about to face winter to install anything on the outside of my truck right now :LOL:, I'm actually getting the dealer to install new side steps and mud flaps on my truck tomorrow. Thought about doing it myself but it's just too cold. Next time I'm in town I'll be stopping by the dealer to order tow hooks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not about to face winter to install anything on the outside of my truck right now :LOL:, I'm actually getting the dealer to install new side steps and mud flaps on my truck tomorrow. Thought about doing it myself but it's just too cold. Next time I'm in town I'll be stopping by the dealer to order tow hooks
It is also way to cold to be working on the truck outside here too. But I have a buddy with a big garage, or I may be able to sneak it into the shop at work on night shift. I have all the tools and access to everything I need to do my own bolt on upgrades, so why pay someone else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The tow hooks on mine are a lot bigger than ones I have on my Jeep and ones I have had on other trucks. I can't wait to try them out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts