DODGE RAM FORUM banner

From lift to lowered

1135 8
Been considering this for some time now. I currently have a lift (torsion key) on my 03 Ram SLT. I dont know how much or what brand, it was on it when I bought it. I have an injured back, that will only get worse over time, no surgery will fix it. I sometimes find it hard to climb up in my truck without some pain or difficulty.
My question is, is it possible to remove the lift and get it dropped? What kind of drop would you recommend for a daily driver? I live in Mississippi, but will be taking the truck to northern NY when I retire this year from the Army. Thanks for your input.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Take it from me............Lower it..5 inch rear flip and 2 inch drop coil........You will love it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a 3/7 dorp on my '05. Spindles in front with SRT-10 coils, flip kit and shackles in back. Stock 20's with 275/55/20 tires. I LOVE it. I'm in Utah and it dumped snow all day. Never had any issues with it. Easy in and out, no climbing involved, rides great (Bilstein shocks all around) and performs awesome in any weather. I say drop it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.