DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been considering this for some time now. I currently have a lift (torsion key) on my 03 Ram SLT. I dont know how much or what brand, it was on it when I bought it. I have an injured back, that will only get worse over time, no surgery will fix it. I sometimes find it hard to climb up in my truck without some pain or difficulty.
My question is, is it possible to remove the lift and get it dropped? What kind of drop would you recommend for a daily driver? I live in Mississippi, but will be taking the truck to northern NY when I retire this year from the Army. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
You most definately can lower it...just take all the old stuff off and replace with new stuff! Might want new tires though

:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if I want to lower it or just put it back to stock. I have 20" wheels on it right now, so it shouldn't be a problem either way.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Take it from me............Lower it..5 inch rear flip and 2 inch drop coil........You will love it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you got a side pic of your ram? I am really considering it, but not sure how it will perform in upstate NY when I retire.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm hearing alot about a 2/4 combo. I will look around for some pics. I have 20" wheels, would I have to change those?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a 3/7 dorp on my '05. Spindles in front with SRT-10 coils, flip kit and shackles in back. Stock 20's with 275/55/20 tires. I LOVE it. I'm in Utah and it dumped snow all day. Never had any issues with it. Easy in and out, no climbing involved, rides great (Bilstein shocks all around) and performs awesome in any weather. I say drop it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm hearing alot about a 2/4 combo. I will look around for some pics. I have 20" wheels, would I have to change those?
I did a 2/4 kit on my 09 with no problems. I had my stock 20s on it before I changed it to the 26s. You should be good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts