DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to change these out? Did my front pads yesterday, and both sides are very corroded. I see that Dorman offers a kit with both dust shields, but I haven't been able to locate any information about how to remove them. My Haynes manual doesn't show anything about the dust shields.

Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
Unfortunately I have temporarily lost use of my repair data link. But usually those are bolted to the steering knuckle, behind the wheel bearing/brake assembly. Now most newer stuff has a one piece for lack of better description. So they are like 3 or 4 bolts and bearing comes out. Some have sort of a split design, all you need to do there is remove the brake caliper, the mount bracket and a few bolts from the backside and it comes off. Having to remove the wheel bearing would be the most work probably. They can be sticky with rust in the steering knuckle.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was hoping that it would be a simple job of just removing the caliper, bracket, and rotor to get to the shield. My Haynes manual doesn't cover it. I am a bit disappointed that they corroded so quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts