DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a pic of the front AAM 9.25 with the cover off?
Trying to get an idea how those spanner adjusters look.

·
Registered
41 Posts
At home I have some good diagrams from the service manual. Here's one with the Detroit True-Trac installed.

You can just barely see all the holes in the adjuster. When you remove the clip from the center of the caps, you can then turn the adjusters with all the holes that go around it. I actually used a Motorcycle brake pad pin to put in the holes to turn the adjuster and get the proper pre-load.

Here's a pic when I was measuring the backlash on the stock carrier, but the adjusters can't be seen. They are just beside the caps. It's very obvious how it all works once you get in there.

Stock carrier and the DTT.

Axles pulled out, so carrier can be removed.

Are you think about a DTT or a locker for the front?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raynval, I was getting the rear axle confused with the front, two different animals. I thought I had to run a shaft down the axle to adjust the spanners but I don't they are adjusted right in the front. I was thinking about making a spanner wrench but would need the diamentions to do it right. I have obtained a copy of the 2010 service manual. I am thinking about a locker. I heard that with all that weight up front the front is under alot of stress so I was thinking maybe spin free hubs too. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The manual mentions an Axle Nut. What/where is it? I thought the wheel hub bearing unit is all one piece?

Raynval, did you remove an Axle Nut? Your pic doesn't look like it. You just pulled everything out about 6 inches and let it lay in the streering knuckle.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Wait... we can get DTTs for the front of our trucks?!

Man someone really needs to step up for the rear for us 2011+ guys. These ZF axles really suck

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Wait... we can get DTTs for the front of our trucks?!

Man someone really needs to step up for the rear for us 2011+ guys. These ZF axles really suck
Only the HD Ram's (2500/3500) have a 9.25" SFA up front. (almost same as our rear diff)

No way you can add one to an 8" 1500 IFS alum diff housing.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
:( my dreams have been crushed...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts