DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Living in NY the roads suck,I have 6,000 miles and not happy I was driving today on the belt parkway in the left lane, they have storm drains in that lane and everytime my left tire hit one, the wheels bounces pretty good for about 2-3 seconds, nothing like the death wobble,

I would think it should just hit the bump, and I should just feel the bump not a bounce,,, any thought,, Tires are a little high 40-41 lbs,, but not sure if thats the problem...

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Please keep us updated and let us know how you make out......

·
Registered
477 Posts
It might be your alignment? Does it drive in a straight line? I know when my alignment was off and I'd hit a decent sized bump it would bounce all sorts of crazy.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truck drives straight a arrow.. lowered the tire pressure to 37 lbs ,,, much better

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've got a 2500 with a solid front axle, 70+ psi in my tires and I'm on PA roads (even worse). I am use to a rough ride. Yours should ride like a gel pillow to me.:LOL:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starting to get pissed

Ok,, I already posted about this f-n tire bounce i'm experiencing,, driving at 60-70 mph, hit a bump in the road and the tires bounce way to much, I lowered the tire pressure to 36 psi it was at 40,, It seemed better but its really not,,
Went to the dealer and they said everything is ok,, but it can't be,,, to me It feels like the shocks are shot,,, but if I push the truck up and down its tight, now I'm not even sure if I can test it like that, thats how we used to check them years ago,, on cars push down on the bumper a few time and if they were bad, the car just went up and down a few times,, really no resistents,,

I thinking just to change them out,, I don't need all the bullshit the dealer has to give out.

does anyone else feel what I'm talking about

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im just throwing it out ther but maybe a broken belt in a tire? I know what your talking about I am in a battle with tires plus. I bought this set of tire they are a year and a half old they have 45000 miles on them with a 40000 warranty. The tread looks great still but the sidewall on the inner side of all the tires are cracked and splitting the outside is fine. I have never heard of the tread on a tire out lasting the side wall well atleast on something that does'nt just sit. I call the tire store and tried to be calm. I explained to them what was going on and they said there was nothing they could do, They said "you should be happy the tires made it longer than the 40000 mile warranty". A that point i was pretty angry I was not looking for free replacement If they said hey we will cut you a deal and we are sorry about the tires. I would of bought from them again. It also would not be such a big deal if it was my truck but it's my girlfriends. I am just glad i caught it before something happened.

Not trying to jack your post just sharing your frustration with stealerships and shops in general

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No
i understand,, I only have 6,000 miles but I guess anything is possible,,,I get frustrated very quickly ,, I had a 11 ram, and after six months traded it in for a 11 silverado,, what a pos,, went back to the ram,, Its not bad enuff that I lost a ton of money trading back and forth , now this shit, ,,, Just have to fix this bounce shit

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem you are having Ram11. I am not experiencing that problem.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had some "wheel hop" in the back with an empty bed, after level kit was installed, no more hopping. Weird.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well ok found two issues,, I had my buddy put it on this lift...
1- Pass side Motor Mount loose and one bolt missing
2- Driver's side shock/strut leaking
So we repaired the mount ,,, and I'll take it to the dealer in the am

Thank for all your help,,I'll update after the dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I went back to the dealer, and now they say I need Shocks/Struts,,,, but get this there on national back order, and they don't know when there coming in,, the dealer said it might take up to a month ,,I just don't understand it,,,,

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found another dealer,,, not to far away they have them in stock,,,, Monday morning

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, Living in NY the roads suck,I have 6,000 miles and not happy I was driving today on the belt parkway in the left lane, they have storm drains in that lane and everytime my left tire hit one, the wheels bounces pretty good for about 2-3 seconds, nothing like the death wobble,

I would think it should just hit the bump, and I should just feel the bump not a bounce,,, any thought,, Tires are a little high 40-41 lbs,, but not sure if thats the problem...
I have a 2006 Dodge ram 2500 and I am experiencing bouncing whenever I hit a bump pretty much the same problem you’re experiencing I come to find out the struts in the front are weak and there’s recall control arm brackets

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Im just throwing it out ther but maybe a broken belt in a tire? I know what your talking about I am in a battle with tires plus. I bought this set of tire they are a year and a half old they have 45000 miles on them with a 40000 warranty. The tread looks great still but the sidewall on the inner side of all the tires are cracked and splitting the outside is fine. I have never heard of the tread on a tire out lasting the side wall well atleast on something that does'nt just sit. I call the tire store and tried to be calm. I explained to them what was going on and they said there was nothing they could do, They said "you should be happy the tires made it longer than the 40000 mile warranty". A that point i was pretty angry I was not looking for free replacement If they said hey we will cut you a deal and we are sorry about the tires. I would of bought from them again. It also would not be such a big deal if it was my truck but it's my girlfriends. I am just glad i caught it before something happened.

Not trying to jack your post just sharing your frustration with stealerships and shops in general
I have to side with the tire store on this one, you bought a tire that only had a 40,000 mile life per the manufacture and you have 45,000 on them and you say there is still tread left, you got your money's worth out of those tires, time to move on and buy better quality tires which will cost you more money. I know people think a tire is a tire just like they think an oil is an oil and that gas is gas but there are big differences in all those products.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts