DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am pretty got at working on cars, did a custom turbo and engine rebuild on my Tiburon anysways i looked at what i thought it could be but im lost 05 ram 2500 so it has a leveling kit and 33s on 20s when I hit numbs it makes a light clunk I pulled the wheels checked the ball joints they are good spent almost 500 on the wheel bearing assemblies and did them fixed the little play issue but still clunks over numbs anyone have and thoughts on what it could be?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Did you check your shocks and the mounting plates that it bolts too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds very similar to what my truck was doing, sounds like your strut mounts (I know these trucks dont use and actual macpherson strut, but its the best way I can describe it) Start there, and pray that you dont have to replace the whole unit.....big $$$$$

·
Registered
19 Posts
My truck makes the same noise... I noticed all my rubber bushings are trashed where the torsion bar connects to the front of frame and the same for the ones in my rear spring mounts....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not to highjack this thread but after replacing my shocks front/back, I still had popping in the front end. I here a pop if i slight turn the steering wheel left and right quickly. Also grabbing the front wheel at 3 and 9 and moving it toward and away from me. Lugs are tight. am I looking at tie rods or control arms? I have also noticed at highway speeds 70-75mph I get a viberation-smooth-viberation-smooth effect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My truck is making a popping noise in the front end. Especially when I back out of the driveway and going over bumps while I'm turning. It feels like it's in the steering somewhere. Every single ball joint and bushing has been replaced. Anyone point me in the right direction, this thing is nickel and dime'ing me to death!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My truck is making a popping noise in the front end. Especially when I back out of the driveway and going over bumps while I'm turning. It feels like it's in the steering somewhere. Every single ball joint and bushing has been replaced. Anyone point me in the right direction, this thing is nickel and dime'ing me to death!
old thread but did you figure it out? I have the clunking when turning over a bump...thinking its my sway bar links

1 - 9 of 9 Posts