DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Ram 1500, my question is, When ever i am driving and im between 65mph and 75mph, when ever i hit a bump or drive down a crappy bumpy road, the front end feels like im going to loose control!!! feels loose, and very shacky, scared i might one day loose control and reck, does or did anyone have this same problem, the ruck is at dealership now, havnt herd form them, they had it since monday, kind if nervous they wont be able to find problem!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Every IFS vehicle Ive ever owned has done it. Seems to get worse if you level it. Just comes with the territory I guess. Try not to lean on your steering wheel or if you see a bump or expansion joint coming up, just lightly hold the wheel with your fingers, it always seemed to really get scary if I was resting my arm weight on the wheel to one side or the other.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
front end

guys thanks for the advice, gusman, what is ifs vehichle, also i assume these trucks, as well as other trucks dont come with steering stabilzer???? is the steering stabilizer hard to put on your self?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
front end

well just got a call from deelership, they couldnt find any problem, said they checked the bushings, the control arm, everything pretty much with the front end, thoguh they did say they coldnt go between 65-80 for to long seeing there area lto fo speed traps, so i guess ill just pic it up take both of your advice and go from there! thanks guys!

·
Registered
356 Posts
steering stabilizers are not hard to put on but will take some sweet and muscle. These parts help 4X4 and 2WD Rams. They work very well on street as for off roads. Look into Energy Suspension End links, Stabilizer bar bushings and more. Trust me you never have to go back and fix anything. It keeps the IFS strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts