DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a set of gears from summit racing, the back were 9.25" 4:56 ratio. I called the dealer and they said the front should be 8.25" but when I ordered the ring and pinion for a chrysler 8.25" 4:56 ratio,it did not fit. It was too big, so now I'm calling summit tech dept. giving them the info of my front end that i found online, which was a c205fd, but they can't find any info on that. Any help?????? My truck is at my mechanic's shop taking up space. What can I tell summit so they know what size ring and pinion i need? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. :4-dontknow:

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Thats the first I've heard of the carrier being ground down. Now maybe the housing might need to be shaved some but not the carrier. Btw mine didn't need any modification in the front for 4.56s.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
C8-25-456, that's the part # from summit, these are the gears i bough which didn't fit.
C8-456, I swapped for these gears, they're on their way. I'm hoping they'll fit. I've been without my truck for 2wks now and hate having to car-pool to work etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.