DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Front end rebuild

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dannewman 
#1 ·
Recently purchased an 87 D150. Never owned a Dodge truck. we are looking to rebuild the steering components, idler, pitman, drag link, tie rods, ball joints. I have noticed that control arm bushings are worn pretty good. Would it be more cost effective to buy a complete upper and lower control arm with ball joints and bushings already installed? Or piece it out? The last time I done control arm bushings, I had a 79 Camaro, I had to take the control arms to Firestone and have them air chisel the old ones out, and re-install new ones ( I provided) for $80 a pair, ($160 total for all four pieces). I did the ball joints myself. My prefered place to get parts, Advance Auto, where I can use my "speed perks" rewards to get $40 off of a $100 purchase, does not carry the parts.... Is there any place to get good, but "poor mans" priced parts for this truck? I used to be a Chevy owner...a little spoiled with cost being low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.