DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2014 1500 Dodge Ram and my two front power windows stopped working today. The rear ones still work off all controls. I checked the relay and no problem there. Strange that the relay controls all 4 but only front 2 not working. Bad contact somewhere? Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
158 Posts
the rear windows are hard wired to the switches the front run to the door module and the can bussed to the window motors. Wait a day could be over heat condition if the windows or seals are frozen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the rear windows are hard wired to the switches the front run to the door module and the can bussed to the window motors. Wait a day could be over heat condition if the windows or seals are frozen.
They won't be frozen as it is not cold enough for that. They were working today, when i got back in after a stop at a store they weren't. I pulled the boot off the door jam too and no broken wires there. The front windows run off another module? Do you know where that is by chance?

Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for the front windows? I understand how that back ones work but cant seem to figure out the fronts. The window control on the passenger side also does not work.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2014 1500 Dodge Ram and my two front power windows stopped working today. The rear ones still work off all controls. I checked the relay and no problem there. Strange that the relay controls all 4 but only front 2 not working. Bad contact somewhere? Anyone experience this?
Hi Calvin,

If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here, we suggest contacting Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: Contacts | FCA Group.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm currently experiencing the exact same issue, with the exception that my passenger side window control functions 100%. After looking into this, a common solution people seem to have is replacing the driver side control switch. Yet to do it, but would love any justification/opposition to this if anyone is familiar with the issue?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I'm currently experiencing the exact same issue, with the exception that my passenger side window control functions 100%. After looking into this, a common solution people seem to have is replacing the driver side control switch. Yet to do it, but would love any justification/opposition to this if anyone is familiar with the issue?
Hi GDollarsign,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here, we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support in addressing this with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
They won't be frozen as it is not cold enough for that. They were working today, when i got back in after a stop at a store they weren't. I pulled the boot off the door jam too and no broken wires there. The front windows run off another module? Do you know where that is by chance?

Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for the front windows? I understand how that back ones work but cant seem to figure out the fronts. The window control on the passenger side also does not work.
What did you figure out?
Mine wasn't the window switch, same issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also my outside air temp on display reads 185°f now, check engine lot is on for ambient air temp sensor, I have the aftermarket towing mirrors on and mileage is 14 now too
Did you ever figure anything out? I have the exact problem. My truck reads 185 on the outside temperature. I also have aftermarket towing mirrors. Both my rear windows work fine but neither of the front ones will do anything. I’ve found that I can disconnect both batteries then reconnect and the front ones will roll down. So that should mean switch and motors are good I’d imagine anyways. But once you roll them back up they won’t come back down unless I disconnect both battery and reconnect again. My truck is a 2016 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7 Cummins

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure anything out? I have the exact problem. My truck reads 185 on the outside temperature. I also have aftermarket towing mirrors. Both my rear windows work fine but neither of the front ones will do anything. I’ve found that I can disconnect both batteries then reconnect and the front ones will roll down. So that should mean switch and motors are good I’d imagine anyways. But once you roll them back up they won’t come back down unless I disconnect both battery and reconnect again. My truck is a 2016 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7 Cummins
I am having the exact same issues. I replaced door switch and have new mirrors and door modules to try. I will update if anything helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the exact same issues. I replaced door switch and have new mirrors and door modules to try. I will update if anything helps.
[/QUOT
I had the same issue. windows stopped working when temp reached 185 with the ambient temp sensor. Decided to swap back to my original driver side mirror. Fixed the issue. I knew the mirror was temp sensor was toast awhile ago just was waiting to change it. The windows not working was the last straw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi GDollarsign,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here, we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support in addressing this with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares
My 2014 ram 1500 i replaced the driver door module an i can roll the back windows down but not the front ones. But the passenger can roll there's down on there side but driver window doesn't roll down at all please help any suggestions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts