DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the millionth question about the infinity system. :LOL:
The speakers in my 1998 Dodge CTD have never worked since I bought it over a year ago. It had an aftermarket Pioneer unit.
I want to install a Pioneer DH-2200UB and keep the factory speakers.
What should I do to get the front speakers to work?

THANKS

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. I'm not able to answer the Infinity question, but someone here might. Please jump over to the Newbie Checkin to introduce yourself. :Hey:

G

·
You may need a Line Out Converter (LOC) or some other form of harness adapter to be compatible with your stock harness.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Ummm, you sure there are speakers in there?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry if this is the millionth question about the infinity system. :LOL:
The speakers in my 1998 Dodge CTD have never worked since I bought it over a year ago. It had an aftermarket Pioneer unit.
I want to install a Pioneer DH-2200UB and keep the factory speakers.
What should I do to get the front speakers to work?

THANKS
Depends on what the problem is.. if it is a wiring issue then your front speakers should work once you get them wired correctly to your new head unit. Or if it is not a wiring problem then you might have bigger problems like the speakers being blown.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
The second gen Infinity speakers have mini amps on the speakers themselves (quite retarded IMO). So....It's possible that the previous owner bypassed the infinity's all together and used some aftermarkets, then when he sold/traded the truck, took out said speakers. Then just stuck the originals back in all the while leaving the bypass there hooked to the aftermarket head unit. Therefore, now you have speakers that do not work........it's possible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my first stop should be inside the door itself. I am pretty sure there is some type of speaker there. I replaced the complete under dash harness as it was melted in several places. I will pull the door panels and inspect the speaker type. IF they are infinity, can I just wire them for sound to test them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.