DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am the only person who gets crazy problems like this. So last year I replaced both wheel hubs and front brakes on the RAM. While doing so, I disconnected the battery while replacing the ABS sensors. I put everything back together, and now when using the drivers side window buttons or locks; the front windows will not roll down, i cannot adjust the mirrors, and the doors will not lock. I replaced the $150 drivers side master window switch, same results. Whats so odd is that the rear window will roll down from pressing the drivers side master switch. So anywho, I am under the impression that something was either shorted out like a fuse or something went wrong in the TIPM. I have traced every wire I can see for cracks. I am not to keen on the wiring diagrams floating all over the internet, but I do know how to check w/ a multimeter. Does anyone have any great theories?

So to recap, the front half of the drivers side master switch is apparently not getting power somehow. I fear that ill have to replace the entire TIPM. I would rather replace every fuse and relay and exhaust all other means. So any starting point would be much appreciated!

-John

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
John

I don't know about the Rams, but in the Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ's the passenger door control was the master that controlled everything. Just a thought. Do the doors lock from the passenger side? I don't see where changing the ABS sensor would affect the controls for windows/doors/mirrors. Not related.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In reply: The doors DO lock by pressing the button on the passenger side switch. However the window will not roll down from that switch. I agree that the ABS sensors have literally nothing to do with this but during changing them, I think there may have been some kind of short when the battery was disconnected. I have tried removing the battery, taking the positive off for a period of time, taking off the negative/ground for a period of time with no results.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
If the battery was disconnected then you could not have shorted anything. When you changed the drivers door control did it have a wire antenna on it? The master control should have an antenna on it (at least the Jeep did), if not then pull the passenger door control and check it for the antenna.

With all the electronics on these new vehicles it might benefit you to take it to a dealer and let them tell you what is wrong so then you can fix it yourself instead of throwing money at it without knowing if the parts you are changing will fix it. I hate taking my vehicles to a dealer but sometimes we have to bite the bullet.

Another thought, how good is your battery? A low voltage battery will cause all kinds of problems sometimes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had a similar issue week before last. Drove to pick up a buddy, shut the truck down, back in the truck headed out to go eat, shut the truck down, got done eating and got in the truck, started it and the majority of lights on the dash came on, the two front windows would not go down. Shut it off, turned it back on, same thing.. Buddy got out, lifted the hood and I had the ignition turned to the acc, idiot lights still on.. he goes to undo the fuse cover and everything goes back to normal..Simply unsnapping the cover to the fuses was enough to wiggle something in there to go back to normal.. I went back to it later and pushed down on every fuse or gizmo in there and some did feel like they pushed down further.. when I get the chance I'll go back and replace things one by one..
Don't know if this is the same problem as you are having.... Pretty close tho..and yes the back windows went up and down like nothing was wrong. :4-dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts