DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.

Picked up my new Ram a few weeks ago. So far loving it.

They delivered it to me with 1/4 tank of fuel.

Is that standard for Chrysler?

My other 2 recent new car purchases (2011 Ford Fiesta & 2011 Toyota Sienna) were delivered with full tanks of fuel.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It really depends on the dealer. I think mother mopar only provides 5 gallons (per the sticker) and any more is a gift from the dealer. My truck was delivered with a full tank. The last thing they did before handing over the keys was fill it up with gas.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The low fuel light was on when I bought mine with 20 miles on it. My salesman went and topped it off while I was doing the paperwork though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I should have my truck in about two weeks now. Salesman told me every new vehicle goes out with a full tank as part of the deal. I've got the big tank as well. 121-liters X $122.9 (todays price), I'm not looking forward to my first fill up on my dime.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I should have my truck in about two weeks now. Salesman told me every new vehicle goes out with a full tank as part of the deal. I've got the big tank as well. 121-liters X $122.9 (todays price), I'm not looking forward to my first fill up on my dime.
Your gas is cheap. $140.9 here now. :doh:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Your gas is cheap. $140.9 here now. :doh:
My 121L tank came with a full tank. All new vehicles should.
$1.439 /litre here now! Filled up last week across the line in WA state at 1.12/L ($4.23 per US Gallon). Vancouver likes to highly tax drivers so we can subsidise more people ripping off transit.:smileup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
i lucke dout and got a full tank but that was probably due to the tank bein bone dry when i test drove...salesman brought the credit card and first stop was the station down the road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sold chrysler, dodge, jeep vehicles up untill four years ago. We filled up all new cars and put a half a tank in used.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My dealership fills every tank on sale, whether its used or new. Kudos to Central Maine Chrysler Dodge Jeep :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I bought my last ford (2011), the manufacturer followed up with me in a phone call survey. One of the questions asked was whether or not the dealer delivered vehicle with a full tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There was a 1/4 tank in mine.

I can't complain, though...I had so many rebates and what not (and a last minute $500 off coupon in the mail from Dodge) that I'm ok with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I test drove it, it had about 1/4 tank in it. While I was doing the paperwork, the dealer swapped out the chrome clad aluminum wheels for the painted aluminum wheels, washed and detailed the truck, and filled it up with gas, and removed all the stickers & labels on the windows

·
Registered
839 Posts
It really depends on the dealer. I think mother mopar only provides 5 gallons (per the sticker) and any more is a gift from the dealer. My truck was delivered with a full tank. The last thing they did before handing over the keys was fill it up with gas.
Same here.....build sheet says "5 gal fuel".

The dealer filled it up on delivery....32 gallons.....thats about $120 in gas! (Ouch)

I would recommend my dealer anytime....first dealer in a LONG TIME that I feel I can trust.

(Jim Shorkey Dodge in White Oak, PA)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts