DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the cel code P108C for low pressure on the Fuel Pressure Sensor part. Dealer quoted over $850 to replace. Part# 68210333AB is $371.77 on Mopar parts online which is supposedly the correct part according to the dealer. Was thinking about attempting to replace myself. Has anyone replaced there Fuel Pressure Sensor on a 3.6L? Is there a cheaper part that will work or am I just screwed with this overpriced part? Any comments or help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Got the cel code P108C for low pressure on the Fuel Pressure Sensor part. Dealer quoted over $850 to replace. Part# 68210333AB is $371.77 on Mopar parts online which is supposedly the correct part according to the dealer. Was thinking about attempting to replace myself. Has anyone replaced there Fuel Pressure Sensor on a 3.6L? Is there a cheaper part that will work or am I just screwed with this overpriced part? Any comments or help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hello rambill,
As the Customer Engagement Team, we do not recommend altering your vehicle outside of factory specifications. However, if you are interested in pursuing aftermarket adjustments, your dealer would be in the position to advise.
Laura
RamCares

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello rambill,
As the Customer Engagement Team, we do not recommend altering your vehicle outside of factory specifications. However, if you are interested in pursuing aftermarket adjustments, your dealer would be in the position to advise.
Laura
RamCares
With this cel code P108C showing fuel pressure sensor low pressure does this mean the sensor needs replacing or does it indicate a problem elsewhere in the fuel system?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
With this cel code P108C showing fuel pressure sensor low pressure does this mean the sensor needs replacing or does it indicate a problem elsewhere in the fuel system?
Hello rambill,
Your sentiments expressed here are completely understandable. Given that we are not technically trained, we do rely on our dealers to be our eyes and ears in the field. With this in mind, our team is unfortunately unable to speculate regarding your current concern. If you decide to get this concern addressed by your certified dealer and need additional assistance throughout that process, please reach out to us privately.
Laura
RamCares

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the cel comes on and code is P018C stating fuel pressure sensor low pressure does this mean the fuel pressure sensor part needs replacing or is it indicating something is causing the low pressure such as the fuel pump or some other part in the fuel system? Sorry if this is a dumb question but would like to be relatively certain before I buy this overpriced part. According to the dealer parts department this part for the 2013 and 2014 Rams list for $549 while for other year models he stated was around $100. That’s a bummer! Buying mopar parts online price is $371.77. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem. The price they want for this part is absolutely ridiculous. I would like to know why this part is on a 2016, the description says 2013 to 2014. The part specified for 2016 is not correct. I am extremely pissed of about this. :mad::poop:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought part #68210333AB was for only the 2013 and 2014 models. I was told by my dealers parts department that for other year models the part cost was much lower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just at the dealer, and according to my vin number, I should have part number 4593949AB which is $56.00. My truck does not have that, it has #68210333AB, the $500 part. I don't know what's going on but it pisses me off. I wonder it he line can be changed to a 2016 to accommodate the cheaper part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been searching the internet for 2 days and came up with this part and number. Mopar part #68351152AA. The part is number 8 on the diagram. then. I ordered it and will get it Tuesday, I will update then weather it worked or not.

TUBE-FUEL SUPPLY is Ref No. 8 in the diagram below

2016 Ram 1500 Fuel Lines, Front - Diagram 1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just at the dealer, and according to my vin number, I should have part number 4593949AB which is $56.00. My truck does not have that, it has #68210333AB, the $500 part. I don't know what's going on but it pisses me off. I wonder it he line can be changed to a 2016 to accommodate the cheaper part.
I have a 2016 v6 and Im getting the same code, I ordered part #68268053AB and its not right. Did part # 68210333AB work for you? Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to use the expensive part 68210333AB for my 2013 Ram V6. Bought at moparonlineparts.com close to $200 less than dealer wanted. Thought that part number was only for 2013 and 2014 models but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What you likely need is p/n: 05146432AE.

I just had this same problem with my 2013 Ram V6 and was originally told by the parts department that the $550 part was the correct one, but after the parts guy did more digging and made a call to Chrysler, we found a much cheaper solution! If you need to replace the fuel pressure sensor on one of these 2013 3.6 V6's (maybe the 2014 models as well) and they're telling you that the part is $550, what you need to order is: 05146432AE. This part is about $86 at the dealer and it is a two part assembly. One part is the 68210333AB part that costs so much money and the other part is the piece of metal fuel tube that it connects to on the driver side of the engine. The parts guy had no explanation how I could order an assembly for $86 that included a $550 part but there you have it. I installed the assembly and my P108D error code went away!

Since I ordered mine from the dealer, I'm not sure if the online Mopar parts sites that list it for $50 will send the same two part assembly. But paying an extra $36 at the dealer was worth not having to deal with online return policies & restocking fees, etc if the part they sent was wrong.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang wish I’d known about part# 5146432AE showing a price of $49.08 at moparpartscorp.com since I spent almost $400 on 68210333AB feeling a little ripped off. Something just isn’t right about the search process for the needed part number unless I’m Just too dumb to figure it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts