DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ! People tell me I have a fuel pump problem. Let me explain my the chain of events that lead up to my problem. I recently moved to Samoa ( a small island in the pacific) I shipped my truck and I disconnected the battery. I reconnected the battery after the car was delivered and the alarm would randomly go off. My cousin did something to disconnect the horn for the alarm. afterwards a few days later the car wouldn't start and the mechanic on island tells me it's the fuel pump. Can these incidents be related? Please help !

·
Registered
147 Posts
Their is a bulletin for the tipm/underhood fuseboxes the fuel pump relay is internal to the tipm and can't be replaced they stick open causing a crank but no start. Below is my thread from when I had this problem and I attatched a picture of how I repaired it stranded in a parking lot jumped power from cigarette lighter fuse to fuel pump. Not saying this is your problem but if you are having a fuel pump related no start something to check before someone throws a fuel pump at it. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=207728

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just FYI I posted the above assuming your mechanic has covered all the basics and has actually confirmed the fuel pump isn't running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their is a bulletin for the tipm/underhood fuseboxes the fuel pump relay is internal to the tipm and can't be replaced they stick open causing a crank but no start. Below is my thread from when I had this problem and I attatched a picture of how I repaired it stranded in a parking lot jumped power from cigarette lighter fuse to fuel pump. Not saying this is your problem but if you are having a fuel pump related no start something to check before someone throws a fuel pump at it. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=207728
Thanks! I believe this is my problem. Did this act as a permanent solution?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks! I believe this is my problem. Did this act as a permanent solution?
I took the wire out and I haven't had a problem since fortunately. But that would work as a permanent solution although you may want to get some proper fuse jumpers to do a cleaner job and also keep in mind what you plug into cigarette lighter as to not overload the circuit and blow the fuse. Chryslers fix is to cut the wires feeding the fuel pump relay in the tipm and wire in an external relay. I have a copy of all that info from Chrysler if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the wire out and I haven't had a problem since fortunately. But that would work as a permanent solution although you may want to get some proper fuse jumpers to do a cleaner job and also keep in mind what you plug into cigarette lighter as to not overload the circuit and blow the fuse. Chryslers fix is to cut the wires feeding the fuel pump relay in the tipm and wire in an external relay. I have a copy of all that info from Chrysler if you decide to go that route.
If you don't mind can you please send me a copy on the Chrysler fix? Thanks for all the help ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah I will post up as soon as I gwt a chancw. Did you get the truck going?
yes I did get the truck running. but you are going to get a laugh out of this. After I fused jumped like you said I drove it all over the island to test run it. it ran fine until last night it didn't start and I was stuck! I towed my truck home and I was confused ! I woke up early this morning and it realized something, I drove all over the island in this v8 truck and the fuel gauge didn't move ! I put in some gas and it started right up ! hahaha .. I must've pulled out the fuse wire 100 times last night ! Now I have to fix the fuel gauge ! oh crap !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts