DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Ram 2500 5.7, 68K+ the fuel pump relay keeps the fuel pump running when the truck is shut off. It runs the battery down. It has to be jumped, to start.
Fact or Fiction, was there a recall for this issue? It is at the dealer to check it out, When asked about a recall they didn't have an answer. I have read that there was an issue about that. So if any off you all have this issue like this, please let me know.
So any help in this matter, would be greatly appreciated. I think they will have to replace the TiMP?
JL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2012 Crew Cab SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi
661 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am going to due some more research.
If the dealership does that out of warranty they will insist on replacing the entire TIPM for about $1,400.
I bought the basic bypass from Vertical Visions for $35. It takes 5min to install. After a few months I went ahead and bought the full bypass system for $99.
You can get the most basic type for $25 and you will know after 5min if it is fixed. I fought with mine for months before I found out about the patented system from Vertical Visions.
Actually, I have the basic cable that I’m not using since I bought the full system.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I have a 2011 Ram 2500 5.7, 68K+ the fuel pump relay keeps the fuel pump running when the truck is shut off. It runs the battery down. It has to be jumped, to start.
Fact or Fiction, was there a recall for this issue? It is at the dealer to check it out, When asked about a recall they didn't have an answer. I have read that there was an issue about that. So if any off you all have this issue like this, please let me know.
So any help in this matter, would be greatly appreciated. I think they will have to replace the TiMP?
JL.
Hi jldominic,
You can use the link below to check for open recalls for your vehicle or send us a message via private message with your VIN.

Rob
Ram Cares

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check these guys out

You can but a refurbished one, install it, and then send your broken one back for a core. Looks like they install heavier duty relays as well....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi jldominic,
You can use the link below to check for open recalls for your vehicle or send us a message via private message with your VIN.

Rob
Ram Cares
Thanks for the info, but its not not on the recall list for the fuel pump relay.
Check these guys out

You can but a refurbished one, install it, and then send your broken one back for a core. Looks like they install heavier duty relays as well....
Thanks I will definitely check them out. Thxs !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts