DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a quick question. Got my trinity today.. super pumped, naturally. I've never had a tuner before, so im a total noob.. heres my situation. I let my buddy borrow my truck to move, and he returned it with a full tank of 89 octane, nice of him, i know, but i was lookin' forward to fillin' er up with 91 tomorrow and havin' some fun. what tune should i start with now? or should I wait until i can get a full tank of 91 in er?? thanks!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Put the 89 tune on and FLOOR it everywhere and then get some 91 gas! :head3:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Just run the modified stock tune. Diablo does not have an 89 tune. Only 87 91 93. The specified grade for the tune is always your best bet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just run the modified stock tune. Diablo does not have an 89 tune. Only 87 91 93. The specified grade for the tune is always your best bet.
There are a lot of things you can change on your Diablo,stay away from them until you understand what they all can do.
Stick to the canned tunes,but do some datalogging also,look for ST and LT knock if you see any then you need to get a better grade of fuel.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
There are a lot of things you can change on your Diablo,stay away from them until you understand what they all can do.
Stick to the canned tunes,but do some datalogging also,look for ST and LT knock if you see any then you need to get a better grade of fuel.
I agree, run the 87 canned tune then when you fill up switch to the 91. Don't mess with something you don't understand. BTW what is ST and LT knock? Can't figure it out...

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Run the 87 tune, it will still surprise you. You can also use the other features like the Drag tree/ 0-60. Actually get some comparison numbers for us. Load the 87 tune get your 0-60 times and then once you put 91 in try it again, I am sure we would all be interested in seeing the difference. :thk:
-AJ

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! You guys are all badasses. hah. Just dorked around with it for a few, put the 87 octane tune on for the time being.. took one quick rip around the block.. seems tighter for sure. its been absolutely pissing rain here for the last week, so I'm just breakin 'em loose right away, hah. once some dry weather comes i'll be sure to run a few comparison numbers. Ever since i put 34.6" trail grapplers on it seems a little sluggish, hence why i got the tuner. tryin to free up a bit more power. I like gettin' off the beaten path, but im also a sucker for fast ass vehicles. hah. I'm super interested to see what stock tune vs 91 looks like (cant get 93 here). I'll keep you guys posted!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts