DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum thing guys so bear with me.....I've noticed a lot of people complaining about not being able to turn traction control off. I've figured out a way to do so, put you're pickup in 4wd lock hold traction control button for 7-10 seconds and voila SPIN AWAY MY FRIENDS SPIN AWAY ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
in the mud of course, It's the only place 4wd OR 2wd for that matter that our trucks have enough power to turn em over:hah:
I've seen this mentioned a few times about not be able to spin your tires on these trucks. With traction control off and an LSD, I can spin the tires and leave 2 black marks. Now, I'm not sure how long this will occur, as I don't really want to kill the 20" tires on this thing any sooner than I have to. My truck is a reg cab/short bed, so perhaps that allows it to spin the tires easier. I have an ARE camper shell on back, but it only weighs about 175 pounds. I have the OEM airbox with the dual air inlet and a K&N mod, along with a Borla muffler. Even with 3:55 gears, my truck will launch quite hard and chirp the tires a little even when you're not trying. I find I have to be very careful when accelerating out of a dirt/gravel parking lot or dirt road on to pavement, as the truck will break loose in that stuff too easily IMO.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
in the mud of course, It's the only place 4wd OR 2wd for that matter that our trucks have enough power to turn em over:hah:
really?

dont tell my 4x4 that ...

Click for Video VVV

That was before installing my Edge Torque Converter,
I can light em up at half throttle now :D ..even with traction control fully engaged

as mentioned, just pull the ABS fuse and spin away
(you can also disconnect the front wheel speed sensors)

3.55 gears, open rear diff, stock torque converter....heavy ass 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers:

BTW, your 4WD TC disable trick is only good until wheel speed reaches 40MPH then its re-engaged automatically, sorry

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was a joke in case no picked up on it, I came from Chevrolet and turning off trac control/stabili track, sometimes it still would not spin the tires....even power braking it would do noting except sit there and groan. Something with the torque management GM uses. I will say though my new ram will absolutely kill my old truck. I had a v8 Colorado also, it may, may not get that one in the hooligan department. The finish is ALOT better in the ram than it was in the chevy's also:smileup:

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I like those v8 colorados, even if they aren't the fastest things in the world, a lot of potential and very cool. I went with the ram though because the v8 mini truck was so damn expensive.

Even my 4.7L is capable of lighting up the tires. I wouldn't say it's "on demand" like the hemi, but it's not hard to get it to do it. When I had stock tires it was on demand.

EDIT: That's with TC off of course. It won't do anything with TC on.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
as mentioned, just pull the ABS fuse and spin away
(you can also disconnect the front wheel speed sensors)

3.55 gears, open rear diff, stock torque converter....heavy ass 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers:
I agree, RCSB and open diff, you can fry them up all day with TC turned off. CCSB with LSD is a different story. They will not break free with TC off or fuses pulled, unless you use the brakes. Now, as soon as the pavement has the slightest bit of moisture on it, I am sideways at every light with TC off at half throttle.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree, RCSB and open diff, you can fry them up all day with TC turned off. CCSB with LSD is a different story. They will not break free with TC off or fuses pulled, unless you use the brakes. Now, as soon as the pavement has the slightest bit of moisture on it, I am sideways at every light with TC off at half throttle.

I disagree. My CCSB w/LSD Outdoorsman can certainly break free with TC off without having to use the brakes on dry pavement. Do I see smoke? Not necessarily, but they definately make noise and leave marks for a ways!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts