DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 RAM R/T. I'm trying to see if anyone knows of a kit to make the hood vents functional. I've found all the parts that goes in the engine compartment, but not those that goes on the hood. I've found the kit that fits 2016-2019 with exception of the 2017. Don't make any since. One would think that if they make the filter box, filter and Tube that fits the 2017 , that they would make the hood Parts as well for that year. Would appreciate any help out there.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Sport R/T
51 Posts
I just bought a 2017 RAM R/T. I'm trying to see if anyone knows of a kit to make the hood vents functional. I've found all the parts that goes in the engine compartment, but not those that goes on the hood. I've found the kit that fits 2016-2019 with exception of the 2017. Don't make any since. One would think that if they make the filter box, filter and Tube that fits the 2017 , that they would make the hood Parts as well for that year. Would appreciate any help out there.
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not.
(see link below):

·
Registered
384 Posts
For what you'll get out of it,it is hardly worth the cost or effort unless you just want it for show.Scoops are too small,too low and too far back on the hood to really catch any air.
BTW There is no such thing as Ram air unless you're doing warp speed.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Sport R/T
51 Posts
I don't see spending the money to make one of them functional worth it either. But, I was thinking about buying the kit for a while until I did a little research and realized how little of a performance gain it would be, if any at all. I really like the look of the sport hood, I just don't like having something just for the looks. Someone needs to make an aftermarket supercharger that mounts under the sport hood and pulls the air from the vents, lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took the vent covers out and cut the back side out with a hacksaw. It was alot of work but it was worth it. I can hear my k&n sucking more air. I have red lights installed behind the vents. It looks mean at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts