DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2014 Ram. It's got 35" Fury R/Ts. Anyone else got these tires? They are rough.. What tire pressures you keep in them? I had master craft CXT on my old silverado and ran smoth. Not sure if its these tires or what. Also, I think I've got 100 weights in these tires. I may go have them rebalanced next week.. just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues wth these tires. It had 47lbs of pressure when I bought it. I dropped it back down to 40lb and it helped alot. But some roads it's still rough handleing.. and comments, feedback or snide remarks would be awesome..

·
Registered
749 Posts
Got a few things going against you here. I will almost bet my pay check those are like 8 or 10 ply tires, so the sidewalls are very stiff. Poor ride characteristics Next up tire pressures You certainly more than likely wont be able to get down to your factor specs which is probably around 36, but you can try 40 maybe 38. But you dont want to go to low on road as you will loose the stability of the tire. Weights Being I have worked in this area for lots of years here is my opinion on big bunches of weights on a wheel. From what I have observed its usually because everwho mounted them was lazy. Not every time, but most times even the big tires like these you can match balance the wheel to the tire. And today with the modern balance equipment they dont even have to think about it. The machine will tell them where to mark and move tire on rim. I was doing this way before the machines told you where to move things. I personally feel bad if on a tire that size I have to use much more than 3 oz total. Not all will be under but I can usually be close. So look at the load range of your current tires, they will probably be in the E or D range, thats like 3/4 ton range. Thats one of the reasons most times guys have like a 285x70-17 or what ever rim size in an AT most times. Better ride

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. I have read on its reviews that it has a load size F.. I believe that's a 12ply. I'm gonna take it to tire shop and have them balanced monday. When I said 100 weights, of course I was kidding. But it seriously has 7 on one wheel. And it may need them idk.. its also the weights that has a stick back, that you just stick to the rim. It's not the clamp on weights that I'm use to seeing.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yea if they are "fancy wheels" pretty much because there is no lip to put weights on they have to use sticky weights. If you get them to far off from where they need to be it can make the whole thing go wacky. So good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts