DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 1500 slt and I want to attach my light bar to my high beam fuse via a fuse tap... the only problem is that I cannot find the high beam fuse. I am looking in the fuse panel under the hood, do I have another panel somewhere else? Hope someone can help me on this even a fuse number would help.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I just looked ion my owners manual and all I can find for lights is fuse F10 which is "Body Controller / Exterior Lighting. Can't find anything just for headlights. Why not run a wire directly from the battery with a fuse holder and switch. (This is what I do) Or you could tap into the wiring for the high beam itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it connected to my battery now with fuse and switch but where I put the switch it's not easy to reach.the passenger is technically in charge of the light bar .

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I have it connected to my battery now with fuse and switch but where I put the switch it's not easy to reach.the passenger is technically in charge of the light bar .

Move the switch. I mounted mine in the plastic bezel right under the gauge cluster. There are only 4 or 5 screws to take out to remove (all on the top) it and makes the switches easy to operate.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
I have my light bar wiring from the battery to a inline fuse to a switch in the cab & then it runs back through the firewall to the light bar.

My Ram is a Bighorn SLT with the full floor console

i also have separate fuses & other wiring for my orange rotating lights & CB Radio

With my 2009 Ram, i found a place on the center stack to fit the switches

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm about to scratch a hole in my chin trying to figure it out without using a wire tap. I'd much rather use a fuse tap as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts