DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else notice that their mileage goes to hell after a computer flash, wether it be a dealer service where the disconnected the battery, or flashing in a new diablo tune? it seems the one time my truck was in the dealer, i know the battery was d/c, and the mileage got horrible, then came back up to normal. same when i put a new tune on the truck with the intune. eventually it gets good, but starts horrible.

i'd assume the flash reverts the computer to the richest setting, then it leans out after some miles are put on the truck...anyone else notice this? or am i crazy? and a FYI, this was also noticed on the HWY under normal steady speed...not while i was wailing on it
i can limp the truck to 22-24 mpg on the hwy if easy on it.... install a new tune, go equally as easy on it. reset the mileage, and 16 mpg hwy. but only for the first 50-100 miles or so. then back up she goes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
noticed the same. disconnected my battery after my cai to "reset" and got better milage instantly (or shortly after).
but when updated my trinity and experimented with the different tunes, together with different gas octanes i got confused. truck just seem to go better with the 93 tune and gas. so i stick with it and try to go from there.

if i use something different i have to use it for several fill ups before i can make an honnest comparisation.

that our both you and me are nuts :LOL:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want a bump here, i was on the phone briefly with diablo today for problems with an intune. and the kid talked to me like i was an idiot with this theory. i've noticed it 4-5 times on flashes. we can't be the only 2

·
Registered
70 Posts
As we all know the truck display is not extremely accurate. Your better off doing the math yourself and of course it is an average.It averages fuel consumption vs. miles driven.So if you disconnect your battery it goes to zero so until some miles are put on it it "looks" like your using alot of fuel.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well I do know after a battery change in our 2003 Camry it won't even idle at all without me pedaling it till it relearns, takes 5-10 min, so I think If I checked the mileage it probably would be off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone else notice that their mileage goes to hell after a computer flash, wether it be a dealer service where the disconnected the battery, or flashing in a new diablo tune? it seems the one time my truck was in the dealer, i know the battery was d/c, and the mileage got horrible, then came back up to normal. same when i put a new tune on the truck with the intune. eventually it gets good, but starts horrible.

i'd assume the flash reverts the computer to the richest setting, then it leans out after some miles are put on the truck...anyone else notice this? or am i crazy? and a FYI, this was also noticed on the HWY under normal steady speed...not while i was wailing on it
i can limp the truck to 22-24 mpg on the hwy if easy on it.... install a new tune, go equally as easy on it. reset the mileage, and 16 mpg hwy. but only for the first 50-100 miles or so. then back up she goes.
I got my truck reprógramed a week ago because the superchips tuner erased the data on my pcm and I’ll say I got horrible mpg my highest is 14.6mpg hgw and city 13.8mpg
Any idea what can I do to increase mpg?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts